Should i move spur gear up some?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjoseph

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I can move some of those washers to the inside but i worry about a larger gap between fly wheel and spur what do you think?

mybujy2a.jpg

You could look for a thicker flywheel. I believe I read somewhere that the more you clutch weighs the easier your rig is to drive in looser material, but it's just something I read. I haven't tested it.

You can put the shims. Behind the flywheel collet. ...the brass cone piece under the flywheel.

Judging by the shine on the pinion gear, it USED to track properly.
The spur needs to be moved out. That's not what sets the gap.

Ok so i need to move it up some
Can someone recommend shim kit that would fit behind the flywheel collet i dont believe i have any large enough.

Thanks again

What about a spacing the clutch bell a little farther from the clutch shoes and flywheel with a few of those washers you have on the front of CB.

Yes i can do that but is it bad to have a gap betweem clutch bell and flywheel i was worried spmething would enter while riding

I purchased the ofna kit but none of the shims are large enough to fit around the thick part of the crank behind the flywheel. Does anyone know of a kit that will have shims large enough to fit?
Engine is os 18tz thanks
5e4y5yqa.jpg

I always thought the shims go between the pilot nut, and the inner bearing.

I'd be really cautious when it comes to shimming behind the flywheel, if you over tighten the nut you could damage/shorten the life of your front bearing,

Last edited:
I always thought the shims go between the pilot nut, and the inner bearing.

I'd be really cautious when it comes to shimming behind the flywheel, if you over tighten the nut you could damage/shorten the life of your front bearing,

You are exactly right shim behind the inner bearing

Back