should i convert to single speed? and what motors can i drop in??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenegadeScout

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
should i convert to a 1 speed tranny?

also what motors will drop right into place besides a 3.3?

its more of a mix. but primarily racing. sorry bout that i was tired last night lol

thanks in advance!

If your racing your jato you can always set your shift point later. That way if you want to go out a just play all you have to do is readjust your shift point and you still have your second gear. I personally wouldn't take my second gear out if you do your car will only do about 35-40 mph. My revo when I'm racing i adjust my shift point a 1/8 of a turn later and it never hits second gear on the track.

---------- Post added at 8:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:28 AM ----------

If your racing your jato you can always set your shift point later. That way if you want to go out a just play all you have to do is readjust your shift point and you still have your second gear. I personally wouldn't take my second gear out if you do your car will only do about 35-40 mph. My revo when I'm racing i adjust my shift point a 1/8 of a turn later and it never hits second gear on the track.

I wouldn't go any bigger than a 3.3 or a os .21. If you go much bigger than that it will be so much power in that little of a car I don't know if you could control it very well. I'm not sure if you can even get a BB in a jato I'm sure if there's a will there's a way. Me personaly I wouldn't go much more than that. I'm not really a jato guy though I had one but never really ugraded much on it.

I'm just thinkin of doing the power up program and gettin a 3.3 back in this car. the previous owner slapped a new 2.5 in it.

and about the tranny i will have to do that. as when I'm not racing its fun to go really really fast in a straight line

I'm just thinkin of doing the power up program and gettin a 3.3 back in this car. the previous owner slapped a new 2.5 in it.

and about the tranny i will have to do that. as when I'm not racing its fun to go really really fast in a straight line

Actually the 2.5 produces more top end than the 3.3. The 3.3 is stout don't get me wrong and it will be good for your jato and for taking off alot faster but as far as top end speed the 2.5 will smoke the 3.3.

---------- Post added at 9:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:01 AM ----------

Actually the 2.5 produces more top end than the 3.3. The 3.3 is stout don't get me wrong and it will be good for your jato and for taking off alot faster but as far as top end speed the 2.5 will smoke the 3.3.

Make sure when your adjusting your shift point just adjust it about a 1/8 at a time. A 1/8 turn is a lot more than it sounds when adjusting your shift point and if you adjust it too much in the shift sooner adjustment the screw will come out and you will have to go into your tranny and put it back together.

which one is better for racing i should ask?

i had a 3.3 in my last couple jatos

which one is better for racing i should ask?

i had a 3.3 in my last couple jatos

3.3 is going to give you more launch out of turns but your going to loose traction easier with the 3.3. If I was racing a jato i would get some good dirt tires for the rear and put a 3.3 in it. If your not going to be racing that much and looking to just bash and just play around the 2.5 is fine for that car. The jato is so light it don't have to have much to be fast and the 2.5 produces a shorter stroke which produce's more rpm for top end.

i have pro line dirt hawgs on it now.

and i think the 3.3 is gonna be my best bet i loved my old one

i have pro line dirt hawgs on it now.

and i think the 3.3 is gonna be my best bet i loved my old one

Definatly man if thats what you like then do it for sure. I wouldn't take the 2 speed out though I think you will regret it. I have had a couple 1 speed trucks and there not near as much fun as the two speeds in my opinion. There's something about a 2 speed that just adds a whole new experience to a r/c to me. :D

Definatly man if thats what you like then do it for sure. I wouldn't take the 2 speed out though I think you will regret it. I have had a couple 1 speed trucks and there not near as much fun as the two speeds in my opinion. There's something about a 2 speed that just adds a whole new experience to a r/c to me. :D

Thanks! u just helped me make my mind up!

now off to the LHS!

honesty the 3.3's would be that much better if they had upgraded conrod's in them I have broken a few in my time so far.. I am going to be grabbing a couple davis diesel conrods to try them out I have heard nothing but good about putting them in the 3.3's and they make them last longer.. I would like to try and find an upgrade for the piston and sleeve aswell.. I have 2 I am going to rebuild and I dont want to go with stock this time!! I have had a few brake on me and I just want a reliable engine out of the 3.3 I would think the 2.5 would last alittle longer than a 3.3 because the conrod was made for the 2.5 and they just used it in the 3.3's

Back