Shopping for a big block

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I'm looking for a .28 (4.6) or larger for my 19 lb. Savage. Any opinion on the Associated LRP 32815 ZR.30 X Competition XTec ZR30 .30 Engine, or what else is out there that gets top recommendation?

Ebay link

Last edited:
I think you're gonna have to find a mount for a 30CC baja engine to move that giant hunk of metal! :p

I don't know when it's due out, but I understand there's an HPI gas engine on the way.
This is the FLM extended chassis, so there's a lot of room left behind the stock engine.

Sav42.jpg

Bummer. Is that .30 strictly a bump start? Negative if that's the case.

Last edited:
Cool, pull start and less money than the one I found.
Any idea if there's a rotostart backplate available?

---------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
It sounds like the one from my HPI 4.6 will bolt up.

Last edited:
The SH .28 is the same thing as the the LRP .28 but those Dreammachine is talking about are modded from ERCM. If he has swapped out the bearings I might go for it. I have the LRP .30ZR in my heavy ass Savage and it tosses it around like a rag doll and it can't be much lighter than yours. The SH or the .30 or .32 would all be good choices.
DSCN0267.jpg

I would get a modded picco 28 from ERCM, that will toss around your 19lb savage like a rag doll. If mine can light the wheels up with 20/36 gearing then it will have no issues for your truck.

Rolex is just messin' with us... If he ever took his savy out and bashed it the first puddle he hit would send him into cardiac arrest! :p

You were waxing your Savvy and it fell on you........

You just said you needed help. You didn't say anything about it being good.

Back