Shoot me now, I bought a Traxxas...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Stampede for my wife.

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

The guy wanted $175, I offered him $100, he said $120, I took it.

3 batteries
Charger
Duratrax Swivel stand
Spare parts
pinions
spurs
spare receiver
spare crystals (2 or 3 sets)
2 spare servos (one is NIP)
servo parts
spare motor
3 hex drivers
fan for cooling charger
light bar for draining batteries

I'm switching it out to a 2.4ghz Tx/Rx. I posted pics of the esc, I assume it's not LiPo compatible? I'll probably dump my Castle SV2/4600 into it, but I want to see how much she's going to wreck first!

Congrats!! I bet she'll wreck the transmission first, if you throw the new system and lipo in it.

What's wrong with Traxxas? :D Congrats man, that's cool she's into it also. The tranny will grenade as mentioned above with brushless power, you'll need the VXL tranny internals. Pedes are great rigs, and tough as nails, and with a couple of cheap mods they can be made to handle decent as well.

The tranny will grenade as mentioned above with brushless power, you'll need the VXL tranny internals. Pedes are great rigs, and tough as nails, and with a couple of cheap mods they can be made to handle decent as well.

What mods? She wants to be able to jump it (Too much of watching me launch the Savage) so I know something is gonna break.

I'll definitely have to upgrade the trans. Eventually it will be brushless.

Is that the classic pede? That is SICK!!

When I was 12 years old, thats the same setup, I mean SAME setup I wanted along with the lid scheme!

AWESOME!!!

Just thought of this... Wife might like it too!
Monster Mod
95f340a0.jpg

I miss my pede there are so many cheap mods you can do to it. I stretched mine to 1/8th scale for $4 and widened the front end for hardly nothing. Only thing that ever broke were caster blocks and bodies.

What mods? She wants to be able to jump it (Too much of watching me launch the Savage) so I know something is gonna break.

I'll definitely have to upgrade the trans. Eventually it will be brushless.

The usual RPM upgrades along with aluminum in select spots, people are also running 1/8 scale buggy shocks (I believe D8's).

Struck out right away. I charged up all the batteries that came with the truck, and we took it outside so she could drive it....

Three batteries, all junk. Two had enough to blip the esc when the switch went on, the third was just plain dead. Oh well, they were all sub-2500 mah nimhs. Problem now, I need to get a vxl trans so i can switch it over to brushless/lipo. That'll be a couple weeks before I have the spare money for it...

Is there a dogbone conversion, or just those crappy plastic sliding driveshafts?

4x4 slash/pede driveshafts are quite a bit tougher and cheap. Adjust the slipper carefully and it'll hold up to brushless power for a little while. I've seen metal idler gears for under $10 on ebay. It's the main weak link in the tranny. Leave those old tires on er for now also. Help to keep shock outta the tranny.

Just throw the lipo in, when it eventually breaks then u stop using it.

Do not run the lipo with an esc without a cutoff. Alien knows this, but others may not...

The older XL-5 ESCs do not have a low voltage cut-off which could cause a fire or explosion.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Back