Shocks don't come up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holes in the pistons might be too small and the oil might be too thick, plus maybe too soft of springs. If you have a drill, you can drill the holes in the pistons bigger or add one. Should make a huge difference.

if they are new shocks they may have a burr on the side of the piston where they were attached to the parts trees...even a small little burr will bind up your shocks...

If you pick it up off the floor and gently set it down, they won't go down either. The tires actually need to be able to move slightly in and out and if you're on a smooth surface they won't be able to. When it's running I know the shocks are probably working fine.

What kinda car/truck are we talking about? I've seen many people store cars in the tires for long periods of time which will cause your springs to soften up an not have the same well - spring to them afterwars. When I'm done running for the ay or long periods I typically keep mine stored on 2x4 pieces which will help keep the weight off the suspension and lengthen the life of the components. Just my .02 I still dont know enough about shock oil wt to chime in on that yet

id say u dont have enough preload on your shocks.... the oil isnt thick at all. i use 75wt oil with 2x0.9 holes in my pistons and it comes back up fine. either that or somethings broken or you could have something in the oil that is blocking the hole when the oil goes to return through the piston. take a photo of your shocks with springs on them.

Back