Upgrade or replace?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
so, i just bent the shock shafts on my Rusty MM (those ultra shocks, who named them anyway?) should i just replace them (i can get a full set off jennys for 15$) or should i just buy some better ones? any cost-effective options? tryna save up for a car lol.

If you stay with traxxas get the gold shock shafts.

Get the TiNi shafts which comes with the big bores
Or upgrade to the GTRs which are on Jenny's, for 75 bucks with springs and oil. But you would have to change the front shock eyelets to make fit the arm on the 2wd.

Or do a me and get a set of shocks from a kit like sc6.2

Or you can always bend it back.
Use a couple of vise grips
🤣
But you'll scratch the shafts and ruin the o rings and might leak over time. That's what a set of my big bores did.

My advice is fork up for a set of GTRs. Ultra shock shafts bend really easily regardless of what they're coated with.

Get the TiNi shafts which comes with the big bores
Or upgrade to the GTRs which are on Jenny's, for 75 bucks with springs and oil. But you would have to change the front shock eyelets to make fit the arm on the 2wd.

Or do a me and get a set of shocks from a kit like sc6.2
Actually, that’s a me 🤣🤣🤣

I always upgrade to TiNi shock shafts. The regular ones bend way to easy. :2cents:

Back