Shocking Upgrade Ideas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennettironman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
On the look out for a set of 'adjustable' shockers complete with springs for my H.P.I Buggy,
the H.P.I upgrade ones are over £60 for a pair :oops:
or i am after a set of softer springs for the standard shock set up,
97mm and 110mm i think.

Anybody help out ?

No idea if either of these are any good cuz theyre generic Chinesium companies but all the HPI, pro-line, or equivalent are all around $60+ a pair. You can opt to try one of these though if you want something cheap.

Option 1
Option 2

No idea if either of these are any good cuz theyre generic Chinesium companies but all the HPI, pro-line, or equivalent are all around $60+ a pair. You can opt to try one of these though if you want something cheap.

Option 1
Option 2
Thanks Grey Wolf my buggy is 8th Scale so would need something to fit 8th 😋

You need Shocks that are 97mm and 110mm? These shocks are 100mm and 115mm. Should fit.
HEREs some 1/8 scale buggy shocks but all of these type shocks are a fair amount longer than your measurements.

Last edited:
that's brilliant thanks......will have a look at those..Grey Wolf

Btw, I dont vouch for any of those shocks I listed as they are generic stuff that I've never personally used. They very well could be garbage or they may be just fine 🤷‍♂️

Wow when I read tile to post .I thought kool waiting to see the jet packed powered box exit.but no .shocks post. to me its a hit n miss.
Purchased shocks and got them great no leaks other springs will work..then bought the same 1's and leak city...

Hi Tnt which shocks are you referring to ?

Probably the ones Greywolf posted.
Hi thanks for reply it's the nitro version if that makes any difference
Nope they both used the same shocks. The Hpi shocks are literally just rebadged HB Racing shocks for the D8 series, that is why they cost so much.

I don't know if they fit but what about arrma typhon 6s shocks

any shock from supplied with kit set or aftermarket..best shock I have ever used was on my scte v1 losi..once I built them they lasted 5 + years used 4x a week for a hour+..

Back