Shock lnto Outdrive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPG.rc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Not much l can do to give it some breathing room. This is on my Tekno ET410.2 ..... Both front shock springs have about 1/32nd spacing from the outdrive shafts. When the shock is compressed, rather slightly, contact is made. No room for a spacer. Do you have a fix for me.?? I've spun the spring to allow more distance but it doesn't do much for a fix.

This just came to me..... l think l might remove the bottom screw and move the shock to the front of the arm. But l'm all ears at the moment.

Attachments

• 20211229_232740.jpg
    20211229_232740.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
remove top shock tower bolt add a few spacers or washers if needed increase screw length

Ya. Looked at that. No fix. lf the issue was up top it would work. Probably will reach out to Tekno.

Have you considered an aftermarket set that is smaller?

Tuned..... No l haven't. lf l have to l'll send the bill to Tekno. Looks to me like a failed graduate designed this fail. lol ..... Seriously, how can such a nice kit end up wth this little ssue.?? Help me understand.....

I hate to ask this but are the shock on the correct side of the car? Or the arms it looks like the shocks leaning back? From this angle..if yes you could file a little out of the bottom mounting hole to move the bottom foward. Can you take a pic from over top?? Is the top of shock on the outside of the tower? They are very persist with their kits..
Screenshot_20211231-084438_Chrome.jpg

Same on both sides. Great idea to carve out some of the hole that the shock drops into. l'll consider that. Orientation is correct. Pictures here......

Attachments

• 20211231_102803.jpg
    20211231_102803.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211231_103027.jpg
    20211231_103027.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 32
  • 20211231_102945.jpg
    20211231_102945.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 37
Rotate the shock spring. But that is strange they would have it that close 🤔

Rotate the shock spring. But that is strange they would have it that close 🤔
l mentioned that l did that in the original post. Can anyone tell me how much space is needed to be clear from the spring rubbing on the outdrive.?? l'm guessing there is some chassis flex in that area.

1/32" should be more than enough. It may still cause the spring to touch the outdrive if the arms get flexed, but given that the spring will also flex, it shouldn't hurt anything. No contact at all would be best if course, but I would remove as little as possible from the arm. There are also pivot balls that you can get that are kinda offset to one side slightly. You might look into that. That would move your shock foward a mm or so if you can find some the right size.

The Axial Ryft has pivot balls that are basically offset, but not sure if they fit your shocks. I will grab ya some part numbers in a few.

Well that's good news Fog. Thanks for that.

there's always chassis flex in every chassis. Put some spacers behind to shock mount start with 1/8 then show the pic bet u it will no longer touch shaft

As TNT said, you can also add a spacer to the top shock mount. It won't help as much, but may give you a tad bit of room down low. Have you contacted Tekno about this? I would be curious what they had to say.

Oh, I totally forgot to grab you those part numbers. Sorry. See if these might fit your shocks...

The AX1234030 might fit the bill. But also, check your shocks and see if you already have pivot balls with offsets. Maybe you can flip them.
Screenshot_20211231-163823_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
The wheelbase is adjustable 2mm in either direction. Stock setting is the shortest. Maybe moving the arms a millimeter forward will give you the clearance you need. Surely a combo of spacers and bit of Dremeling will put things at ease for you.

Wait until you get to setting the ride height, and droop.:hehe:

Last edited:
Same on both sides. Great idea to carve out some of the hole that the shock drops into. l'll consider that. Orientation is correct. Pictures here......
I never noticed an issue with the front shock springs rubbing during the mini truggy build. But, during normal running environment of outdoor rough terrain, there is flex occurring and the springs will rub. Three years of truggy torture and I'm not concerned of the minimal amount of material that has worn away. Of course, YMMV.
IMG_20220102_080552082_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220102_080718979_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220102_081050198_HDR.jpg

I never noticed an issue with the front shock springs rubbing during the mini truggy build. But, during normal running environment of outdoor rough terrain, there is flex occurring and the springs will rub. Three years of truggy torture and I'm not concerned of the minimal amount of material that has worn away. Of course, YMMV.....
I did put "front" in bold letters, because during the rear shock (rear position) installation, of the ET410, there is clearly a rubbing issue that myself/everyone had. That one was easily solved with 2mm spacer (pictured below). Shouldn't be an issue on the ET410.2's forward mounting position though.
20190525_071227.jpg
20190525_071152.jpg

Thanx everyone. l no longer have fear.

Back