Shock help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbreaker

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys.

I'm having trouble with my shocks.

They are Storm Pro shocks. The rear ones are the ones I'm trying to put together here.

I have some 35wt fluid. I take the cap off the shock, fill the body with fluid, and slowly put the cap back on. Fluid oozes out of the overflow holes, and the cap is tightened.

The shock shaft won't travel more then half before it completely stops dead. If I force the shock to push in the rest of the way, the bottom clip will pop and the o-rings pop out with fluid oozing everywhere. It doesn't break the shock, but I can't seem to figure out how to put them together so that this does not happen.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

When you fill te shocks with fluid, leave the piston about half way up. After you fill, push the shaft up and down slowly. letting all the air escape. Also make sure you are using the bladders, they will seal the top of the shocks.

Darin Gray

Fantastic, that helped a lot.

The bladders; are they supposed to have air on the other side or do I fill up that with fluid too? I think air, but nothing I've been reading specifically says one or the other.

Do not put fluid above the bladder. Leave it air.

The bladder go inside the cap. when you put them in be carefull not to teat them. I just rebuilt my shock, because I belw one and the one that was leaking was do to the bladder being torn.

Let us know if they work.
Darin Gray

Yes, apparently the bladders bust pretty easy. Probably because I wasn't putting them together correctly, I've gone through a few of them already. But it seems as though they are weak enough where even the process of opening the shock up again could rip them.

I think I'll stock up on those babies =)

The shocks are working much better now, thanks guys.

I noticed that the factor bladders are kinda cheap, the ones I got now are pink. They came in the rebuild kit, I have not had a problem with these ones they are pretty tough.

Good luck and I hope this helped

Darin Gray

Back