fms smasher rcawd shock issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N. Mango

I swear the voices are real!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Anyone with rcawd shocks for the fms fcx24 having issues with the o-ring in the shock cap getting pushed into the shock?
Its seems to be hit or miss whether they stay in the cap and make a good seal. Even if it makes a good seal it can randomly pop into the shock at anytime.
When it's sealed these shocks are great! I just need some help with getting them to seat properly.
Bad o-rings? Not building the shock correctly?
Any advice, tips, or tricks are greatly appreciated!

Do you have Green Slime? It helps seal the o-ring to the shaft, but also makes it slippery so the shaft slides more easily through the o-ring. Maybe the o-ring is grabbing on the shock shaft, and popping out of its bore. Good shocks will have a pocket the o-rings are loaded into and are unable to do what you are experiencing. From what I have seen of RCAWD stuff on 2FMRC on YT, their stuff isn't worth buying.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-associated-factory-team-green-slime-asc1105/p3068

I use 1-11 works great that’s what I use on big stuff at work.
Do you have Green Slime? It helps seal the o-ring to the shaft, but also makes it slippery so the shaft slides more easily through the o-ring. Maybe the o-ring is grabbing on the shock shaft, and popping out of its bore. Good shocks will have a pocket the o-rings are loaded into and are unable to do what you are experiencing. From what I have seen of RCAWD stuff on 2FMRC on YT, their stuff isn't worth buying.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-associated-factory-team-green-slime-asc1105/p3068
Never tried that sounds good.
This what I use

Attachments

• 0E721F0F-D085-4BAF-A135-20682450999F.png
    0E721F0F-D085-4BAF-A135-20682450999F.png
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 26
Oh, I misread that. Pics?
I got a tip from the Arrma forum.
Seems the o-ring was binding as I was tightening the cap.
Lubed it up better before hand and all is good.
Thank you for your willingness to help!🤙

I got a tip from the Arrma forum.
Seems the o-ring was binding as I was tightening the cap.
Lubed it up better before hand and all is good.
Thank you for your willingness to help!🤙
I was going to suggest that next lol. Still curious to see a pic of the shock cap and stuff if you have one apart.

I was going to suggest that next lol. Still curious to see a pic of the shock cap and stuff if you have one apart.
I would hate to take it apart now that it's together.
What was happening is the o-ring would end up in the shock body.
I dont understand why they use an o-ring for shock caps instead of a flat rubber washer/gasket🤷‍♂️

Back