Sharing a computer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raging Revo

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
This question is mostly for the staff, if I allow my newfew to use my desktop and we join the same forum we both get banned and the reason is: "having two user names"
Please all replies welcome

So what is the solution other than buying another computer?

Good question, this is one for admin. @WoodiE

also when a person is ban for whatever reason they should be able to at the least give a reason but they are just stuck there like a lone skull in the middle of the desert, so it's guilty period; when those that have been ban is innocent by misinformation. I understand that you guys (as in mods/admin) have seen all the BS imaginable but not everyone is trying to deceive.

@Tape, we have just a couple others on here that share a computer and use two different accounts. We have no problem with it, just know it only takes one bad apple to ruin it for all. That means if there is an issue with one member then both are likely at risk of being banned.

Yes Woodie, i understand if there is an issue but most if not all forums have a rule of only 1 user names but if a computer is shared but have different accounts on the computer it will show the same IP and this is how some forums identify 2 users names and think the users are trying to get away with something illicit but it's actually 2 legit users. This is how we were banned on another forum. We were then just stuck there without a way to explain the situation with BANNED stamped next to our names.

It is a situation we were up against and I just wanted to air it out, not something that happened here.
I like how the staff here uses their heads and not their power.

My wife and I share iPad on the house wifi. Woodie decided to be a big fat meanie one day and ban my account (I still am gonna get you back for that one) as a joke and my wife was still able to get on.

I have a friend who occasionally uses my computer for his work, since he needs one that supports something he needs. I also know he likes to joke around quite a bit, so god knows what other accounts he's setup using this.

Just contact them and explain, you could still end up with the same problem with two computers on some sites just being in the same house depending on how they are checking for multiple accounts.

BurningRain, their answer "we don't want to hear your BS, you got caught using two accounts and it's over now"
I really didn't care for the site anyway, too many better sites out there with understanding staff members like this one. I do not see a need to bother myself with sites like that.

thanks guys for your thoughts

My wife and I share iPad on the house wifi. Woodie decided to be a big fat meanie one day and ban my account (I still am gonna get you back for that one) as a joke and my wife was still able to get on.

That's an absolute lie, @alpinehyperlite
Your wife didn't get on, YOU got on using her account. The entire staff debated the issue but in the end we let you stay because you have a gun. :D

Yea.... i got on her account. Come at me bro!

Smells like mothballs in here now.

Say WHAT? Someone with 2 accounts? Thanks for the heads up, I'm on it...

Ban_Hamster.jpg
ban1.png

Back