Servos anyone??`

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerider

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a servo question. I am new to this and have recieved excellent advice so far on Tmaxx talk. I took my truck out today very cold out so I only ran it for a bit and have never had an Nitro RC before. It is a Tmaxx and has the factory Traxxas servos except the stearing servos which is an Airtronics. I bought the truck used and I think the !@#$ ripped out a good servo and put in a piece of .... It is really slow responding and seems weak. I have brand new batteries in the receiver as well. Any ideas as to what servo to get and will they be compatiible with the radio gear? I assume any servo will work as lond as the conector is the same. Any help appreciated.

I would suggest a metal gear servo.
JR servos are good, airtronics, hi tech also very good servos.

You might have brand new batteries, but IMO it is always a good idea to get a pack and a good charger just to be sure you arIs it one os the steering servos or is it the throttle servo? If it seems a bit slugish there are several things to consider. Has it alwayse operated at this level or just recently? You could take the servo apart and see if it got wet or there are any debris in it. Do all the servos have the same label on them or are they diffrent? Maybe try to list the servo labels here so we can help you out a bit more.

The hitec 645MG is usually the servo of choice for steering. It's much stronger than the stock 2055 servo, but I'm not sure which aitronics servo you have for compairison.

Also, if your running in snow, you should do a search on waterproofing or you will fry your electronics.

Sorry guys I guess I shoulda listed the servo #. It is an Airtronics 94102 steering servo. The other servos are Traxas OEM I imagine. I have never run this truck before I bought it used and have had it running twice. It was very cold out, about -10 and I warmed it up in the garage and then went out for a scoot on dry pavement and the steering was really slow almost delayed would be a better characterization. Anyways I think I will leave it parked till it warms up in the spring but I really want to get it sorted out over the winter so when it finnaly warms up I can run it with less worries.

the 94102 is their standard servo. Your not going to get much out of it. The 645 would be good for ya!

Yeah... that's a weak one:
SPECS:
Dimensions: L:1.54" x W:0.79" x H:1.42"
Transit Time: .22 seconds/60 degrees
Motor: Standard 3 pole
Weight: 1.59 oz
Torque: 50 oz/in
Deadband: 6.0 micro seconds

These are the specs for a hitec 645mg (click me for a link):
SPECS: Speed: 0.24 sec/60 degrees at 4.8V
0.20 sec/60 degrees at 6.0V
Torque: 106.93 oz/in at 4.8V (7.7kg/cm)
133.31 oz/in at 6.0V (9.6kg/cm)
Length: 1.59" (40.6mm)
Width: 0.77" (19.8mm)
Height: 1.48" (37.8mm)
Weight: 2.11oz (60g)

It's almost 3 times as much as the one your using if you run a 6v receiver pack.

Back