servo replacment for granite

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabley

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
Hi there i was wondering what the best servo for a arrma granite as the stock servo is really sloppy?

Any standard size servo with 250oz/in of torque or more will work. Id look for speeds of .16 of lower. My personal preference would be something in the 300+oz/in and .12 or lower speed but you could get away with 200oz/in and .19 if you're not particular. Personally Id look for a reputable brand like Savox or Hitec but they arent cheap.

Okay thnx for that tip will look into those brands.

I don't why anyone would think a 101 oz-in (7.27 kg-cm) servo would be a good idea for a 4wd monster truck... even a 2wd Granite with a weak servo saver, I wouldn't run a servo with less than 14.5 kg-cm. Which brings me to my question. Is it indeed the servo that is sloppy, or just the servo saver doing it's job too well?

Idk the steering is really slow will look into the servo saver tho to.

Any time there is steering weirdness going on, I always disconnect the steering servo linkage. This way I can move the bellcranks by hand and feel if there is any binding going on somewhere. Also perfect time to feel the servo horn for worn gears/sloppiness with fingers while using transmitter/steering.

Okay thnx for that tip because I'm getting ready to sell the granite.

Back