Servo Punisher 2000

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The components are only going to be pulling a max of about 8A, and only for brief moments. You won't want to punish the servo for more than a few seconds, so heat shouldn't be an issue at all. The fans are just there for "coolness" factor mostly 😉

Air will be pulled in by one fan, and exhausted by the other at the opposite end of the housing.
Makes sense, didn't even consider the fact that it's not drawing constant power for very long. DUH! :bag: but that's why I ask. 🤣

Makes sense, didn't even consider the fact that it's not drawing constant power for very long. DUH! :bag: but that's why I ask. 🤣
Yeah, I only know enough about electronics to get myself in trouble 😉

I have learned quite a bit on this project though, just working on it with Grey. As soon as this project is complete, we'll hopefully be on to something even cooler.

This is a really cool project guys and even more so cool it is a joint project.
I have been watching this thread and am intrigued. My question is, is this being built for purchase so that everybody can buy one if they want?
I assume you have to buy a bunch of servos in order to test it, or test servos for guys who would like the info, or is it just testing each servo and confirming it is what's written in the specs?
Please don't take that the wrong way guys but again I am very interested in the project.

We are just building the two at first, and proving everything out. The question on the table right now is will the 3d printed servo mount be up to the task? For most servos, I think that it will be. But Shane has a 900+ oz/in servo to put it through its paces. If that doesn't break it we are golden. If it does, I will be trying a different design, but I think at some point there may need to be a servo torque limit.

As far as selling them, yeah, we'll be making them to order if anybody wants one. But that is likely still a few weeks out. All my remaining parts should be here in a few days. Grey has all his parts but is still printing.

Looking forward to the results bro, you two keep up the great work.
No doubt, if it can handle that servo, it should handle anything.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the results bro, you two keep up the great work.
No doubt, if it can handle that servo, it should handle anything.
Yeah, I am kinda doubtful it will hold up to that monster servo. But fortunately most people won't have anything close to that.

Were hoping to sell them if everything works out. As for why we started building it, I saw a video of a guy testing servos using a pretty jury-rigged tester and the lipo testing part of my psyche told me that I had to have one lol. After talking to WF about it we started talking about what it would take to build a nice one and it just grew from there. I couldnt have designed the housings and all of that on my own and WF needed my help with the electronics and the next thing you know.... It had a name lol. If my Patreon for LiPo testing takes off I may try and incorporate servo testing in to the mix as well. We shall see.

I still am lacking some screws for mine...need to get those ordered.

A rendering in black and gold for Grey. Design is finalized. Assembly is nearing completion. Just waiting on my fans to arrive.
Shane Design 001.png

And I'm waiting on you two to hurry up and wait,,, PFFTTTT lets get this thing rolling boys... :p

It will be done soon enough. I ended up frying my servo controller by hooking the wires up backwards, so now I will be waiting on that to arrive 😭

Also still waiting on the fans, rod to connect the servo to the pull sensor, and some screws. Everything should be here by mid week I hope.

It will probably be late in the week before I get my screws and knobs.

In retrospect, I wish I would have went black and green instead of black and gold......hmmmmmmm 🤔

Love the gold and black.

Got my soldering all done. Just need to tidy up with some zip ties. Still waiting on some screws to bolt the fans in though, but they will be here today. Should be testing tonight! So excited!
20221012_062235.jpg