Senton 3s shock options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrgoodwrench35

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
My wifes senton 3s is in need of a shock upgrade. The factory shocks keep pulling the shafts out of the lower spring retainer cups. I've glued them enough times that I'm ready to replace them. I saw mentioned somewhere that the Arrms typhon shocks will work. Anyone have any experience with this? Jenny's has them in stock and cheaper than any of the other options I've looked at. Just wasn't sure if the lengths are correct for the senton. I'm hoping someones done this already and knows.

One thing you can do is lookup aftermarket shocks for each vehicle, and see if they list the length. Usually aftermarket shocks do. Then compare.

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks. I see proline offers the same part number shock for the senton and typhon. I'm going to give the factory typhon shocks a try. Gotta be better than what it came with.

On Jenny's, I see the shock set for the TLR tuned version of the Typhon are cheaper than the standard 6s version. Now I'm torn between the two. I'm thinking the standard ones look a bit more beefy.

Last edited:
My Typhon stock shocks leak a little bit so you might keep that in mind.

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks. I see proline offers the same part number shock for the senton and typhon. I'm going to give the factory typhon shocks a try. Gotta be better than what it came with.

On Jenny's, I see the shock set for the TLR tuned version of the Typhon are cheaper than the standard 6s version. Now I'm torn between the two. I'm thinking the standard ones look a bit more beefy.
If I had my choice between Arrma or Losi shocks, I'd pick the Losi shocks for sure.

Yeah, I knew which RC we are referring to here. But I just assumed that TLR tuned shocks meant TLR shocks. Not Arrma shocks with different pistons. That's pretty silly for TLR to put their name on a shock with such a minor mod.

Thank you all for the helpfull info. I'm still confused as to why the typhon 6s factory shocks on Jenny's are more expensive than the TLR tuned typhon shocks. Externally, they appear to be exactly the same other than a color difference. I think I'll go with the TLR version unless someone has a good reason not too.

Thank you all for the helpfull info. I'm still confused as to why the typhon 6s factory shocks on Jenny's are more expensive than the TLR tuned typhon shocks. Externally, they appear to be exactly the same other than a color difference. I think I'll go with the TLR version unless someone has a good reason not too.
Front springs are different. I'll let you go investigate spring rates. Rear shock bodies/shafts are longer. What interests me is what's used in the bottom of the shock seals...TLR Tuned black TLR branded shocks have machined tapered shock pistons, machined shock guides and X-ring seals. The machined pistons would be enough for me to choose the "tuned" shocks.
1665530099526.png
1665530479129.png

Last edited:
Back