Secret Santa for RCNT Members

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is what I am proposing, that we get something for another member that we think they would want based upon how we have gotten to know them here on the site.

It could be new or something that we already have in our pit bag or whatever.

The idea would work like this:

1. You must have 50+ posts on RCNT.
  2. Post here that you are in, then send me a PM with your name and address.
  3. On the November 26th I will gather all the participants names draw random names. Secret Santas are not reciprocal, meaning the member you are Secret Santa for is not necessarily your Secret Santa (completely random, but it may happen). I will PM you back with who you are the Secret Santa for, no later than Nov. 27th.
  4. Mark your postage in some way with Secret Santa so the member doesn't inadvertently open it. It is OK to include your name in a place so when the package is opened on Christmas, the person can know who it was from.
  5. When you get the name of your member, it may be helpful to review his posts and find his likes and dislikes. This can be exhausting and difficult, but it makes it part of the fun!
  6. There is no monetary limit, but would suggest to stay under around $30.00. You can send somebody something new, used, or even something you made yourself!
  7. It is up to you to send them a gift (r/c related) that you think they would like. Arriving No later than the 20th of December.
  8. Postage would be paid by the sender.
  9. When Christmas day comes, we post what our Secret Santas got us.
I will periodically list members who are participating and put an asterisk next to their name if I have their info. If you don't have an asterisk by your name, then I don't have your contact info.

Suggestions welcome. Anyone interested?

Hey Woodie,

What is the target price range? I don't mean to sound petty... I mean afterall is isnt the price of the gift that matters. It is the thought, but I have seen secret Santa's that have left folks feeling jaded because they gave a $20 gift, and recieved something from the dollar store. Know what I mean?

I don't know of any way to enforce a limit but would suggest to stay under around $30.00. You can send somebody something new or used, or even something you made yourself!

Then again if someone wants to send someone else a new Losi 5ive then by all means feel free, just don't expect a HPI Baja in retrun. :)

sounds like fun.. I dont know what I would say If I opend a lois 5ive or a hpi baja.. I know I would feel bad because there would be no way I could match that!! l.o.l. but yeah that sounds fun.....

I would definitely be in for this, and I think it's a very cool idea. One question though, how do we get the shipping address of our person without them knowing?

Pending if there is enough interest... those that are interested will send their name and address to me via PM. I will then randomly assign users a secret santa.

Sounds like a fun idea Woodie. I'm in.

you can count me in i have 47 post but ill have 50 by then sounds like a fun idea something different.

Great! Five people are in, lets get more people involved, I think this will be something different and something fun for all!

WoodiE, that sounds like a great idea to me. The guys on this forum are great, and one day I hope to meet some of them. Count me in for this!

I'm suprised there hasnt been alot of other guys jump in on this. Its not like you have to spend a weeks wages on it plus if it can be something you already have in your rc room that you dont need but your person could benefit from, then thats great.

I'm kinda surprised myself SNG considering the core group of guys that are here everyday. Money is tight here same as it is for everyone this time of year. But I'd be more than happy to go buy a reasonable gift for one of you. Shoot, even something used is something I didn't have before the way I look at it.

I missed out on this last year due to beeing a newbie and wanted to participate. So count me in this year.I always enjoy being Santa. :)

so dose this mean i can put my wish list on here.

I'm suprised there hasnt been alot of other guys jump in on this.

I would have loved to get in on this, I think it's an awesome idea! But with my impending divorce and move back to Florida in December, my timing is just terrible. it really sucks because I definitely would have enjoyed this. Hopefully there will be enough of a demand this year so that WoodiE will do it again next year, I will be down for sure!

So have fun guys, I can't wait to see what ya'll get!

Money is tight...but this is a great chance for me to get involved on here. I don't know anyone really yet but I'm sure this will help too. Count me in!

10 people so far, if my count is correct.

Good start, hopefully we can get at least a few more people involved and then we'll do this thing.

I'll be out of town starting very early Thursday morning but should be back Sunday afternoon. I'm hoping we'll have more people to join in on this and then I'll start collecting peoples names and address via PM.

So Nov. 26th is the deadline to get your name added to the Secret Santa List for those that want to do it.

Back