Searching for thoughts on a Nitro Truggy Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fornia455

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey folks...

I'm still very new to the hobby, after buying my first RC in early Sept., a Losi Nitro Truggy RTR. I've spent the past few months learning it, upgrading it a decent bit, and with a plan to purchase a kit to build as I get better as a driver (local offroad tracks here in Central Florida).

I came across a great deal on an engine/pipe combo weeks back, and have it stashed for when the eventual kit build happened. It's WAY too pretty for me to imagine dumping it on its head as I learn to drive lol.

This all said, I've been leaning towards Mugen or the new Tekno that is 'supposed' to be coming out 'before the holidays'. Where I'm located, there is a lot of support for Mugen, Tekno, and Team Associated.

So, now I come across Amain selling the Team Associated RC8 T3.2 at a discounted price of $549, which is of course a good bit less than Mugen ($799), and I assume Tekno (no clue on pricing as it's not yet on the market). So I'm really now leaning towards the Team Associated with the price difference and local support in my area. Spoke to a guy at TA today, and he said the RC8 T3.2 is the 'current/latest' model, having been released in 2020, so I assume no issues in the near future with parts availability, etc (something I want to avoid of course).

Any thoughts on the above for a relative 'newb'? I know everyone has their preference, but figured I'd throw it out to the masses for any input. Thanks!

If this was me id go to the track you plan on running @ and watch a few races then see how they place and what type of driver you are.. along with does the track have a hobby shop? do they carry parts for what truck you thinking of buying...setup will also help do you know how to do that?. or will you need help thats why I'm saying look at what trucks run and the kind of driver you are.the hot rc at 1 track might not be at another 1

Losi, Mugen, Tekno, and Associated are 4 of the biggest names in RC Racing so any of those kits is going to be exceptional. You really can't go wrong with any of those.
Much appreciated!

Traxxas , Quality and Nitro never belong in the same statement imo.

Back