SCXiii base camp kit… which body?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrebee88

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I am really thinking of getting the new scxiii base camp builders kit. I would love to put a deadbolt body and cage on it but I cannot find one. Axial does not sell just the body for whatever stupid reason. My second thought is a honcho body and rear cage. I have some vanquish method 105s with vxt2 tires I can throw on there and it would look sweet.

Any thoughts? Anyone got a blue deadbolt body they are willing to part with? I wish I could just buy a clear body.

It does seem strange they don't have replacement bodies for the deadbolt. 🤔
Yeah, it is out of stock on all the reputable websites I shop from and is labeled as “discontinued” on axialadventure.com

with it looking like Axial will discontinue most of the 10.2 line up in favor of the new 10.3 Basecamp it's not too surprising they're not making some of the bodies anymore. I have also been looking everywhere for a Deadbolt body and was lucky enough to find one on line at a little Hobby shop in Great Falls, Mt. last week.

Looks like I will most likely go with the honcho body

You could also do Jconcepts creeper cab only

Good afternoon guys

Will the deadbolt body fit on the basecamp?

Back