SCX24 Carnage Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Been working on this for a few days now, but was wating to do a bit of thinking before starting the build thread.

So I have been printing parts for the C10, starting with a rear cage design I found on Thingiverse by BagelRC. This is a wicked design, and fits the cab beautifully. He did a great job with this.
Screenshot_20220415-091713_Chrome.jpg

I then designed a few parts. Front and rear rock sliders, rear crossmember, and cowl hood scoop to cover the C10 body pin holes. These all bolt on, no mods needed (except the cage of course).
3d Printed Parts.png

I will be painting the outside of the body with Createx Wicked Pearl Purple. The tubular components will be painted Createx Wicked Metallic Copper.
Untitled106_20220415091227.png

A little test assembly. These wheels are just some I printed to test the tire clearance. Tires are RC4WD Rock Creepers. Still need to finish the wheel arches. I just cut away anywhere the tires rubbed here.
20220415_102915.jpg

Also printed a fuel cell.
20220415_102331.jpg

Very Regal! Is that the truck formerly known as Prince?
Lol. I have been on here saying I was going to do a purple paint job on something. So I had to do it. The copper accents and wheels are going to set it off. There will be some black on it too.

Do you guys think I should go matte finish again? Or gloss?

Lol. I have been on here saying I was going to do a purple paint job on something. So I had to do it. The copper accents and wheels are going to set it off. There will be some black on it too.

Do you guys think I should go matte finish again? Or gloss?
Gloss

Well, I got the bars painted. Not sure I like this color. It is a bit flashier than I expected. I really want something to match the wheels I am putting on this, so I am hunting for a different color.
20220419_200200.jpg
20220419_200154.jpg
20220419_200143.jpg

20220419_195137.jpg

Maybe try hitting it with a matte finish on the copper and see if that tones it down a bit.
I was thinking about thst. I might add a drop of yellow and black in it and respray. It is a bit redder than the wheels. It needs sanded and a couple more coats anyway.

That's the plan. I still need to darken the paint a bit I believe. Will wait to color match when the wheels get here.

In the meantime... a little teaser. I just saw RC4WD has .7 wheels and tires, so that is what will be going on this.
Overland Trailer.png