SCX24 Carnage Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little redesigning.
20220423_144408.jpg

20220423_144333.jpg

Just gotta figure out the suspension. I think it's getting the 3 link bar from the Deadbolt, and some 3d printed leaf springs. Or maybe I will do a cantilever 4-link. Now that would be sweet.

Well, I just installed the PN Racing motor in the truck. It has a sticker that you use to mark where to hack up the ESC plate, and you mount the motor forward. The problem with that is you hack off the driver side rear ESC mount boss, which is also needed to keep the front shock mount from just rotating and twisting the plastic. This is a very dumb idea.

So ruined ESC mount was tossed. Fortunately I had another one. Even if it did work, it basically left no room up front to mount the battery or ESC, so you're not gaining a thing by flipping the motor. So I just flipped the motor to the back by flipping the crossmember.

That poses another problem though. Where to mount the battery? Because the motor is big enough that the battery will no longer fit there. I am starting to not like this PN Racing motor.

So I am left wondering what to do now. I think this PN Racing motor is going to go in the comp crawler and the Carnage will just get the Stinger as well.

Sorry about the terrible lighting, but I got the roll cage and front and rear bars painted black. The copper/gold idea just wasn't doing it for me. Waiting on links and wheels to finish this build.
20220601_214032.jpg

20220601_214043.jpg

I just pulled the axles and gearbox to mount the carbon rails and PN Racing motor. And I need to order some RDQ batteries for it because the motor eats up a little real estate back there. Going to have to print a new battery tray for it too. I got a bunch of Hot Rscing goodies coming for it soon.

Sliders make great battery mounts, just sayin
Which ones do you use? I bought some from RC4WD, but they are made to mount to their inner fender kit, which no way am I going that route. It's what I get for not reading the description.

Looks amazing. Totally jealous of your printing capabilities. 😁😊