scx24 bronco build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
I am going to start a build on my new scx24 bronco that I got for Christmas. I'm going to start out small and get stuff like shocks, linkages, steering links, and brass wheel extenders, oh what the heck let me just show you.
Screenshot 2023-01-01 6.54.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-01 6.54.46 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-01 6.54.46 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-01 6.54.27 PM.png

Sooner or later I will get axles and different motors and such. The thing with the bronco is that it's a hard body so it just rolls over at the slightest angle. I will post more pictures and I will post some photos of the truck before the upgrades. I will also have this build series on my YouTube channel. If you are interested, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtM16z4CYAfvDnc19h3fbCA
I will also show a video on how it performs bone stock. stay tuned for more updates!

Looks like a good bunch of parts.

I would suggest the hubs and front diff cover first. See how that does and go from there. You don't want to go too crazy adding rear weight. You want to keep around a 60/40 balance, with 60% of the weight being in the front. At least that's what people say.

I would also suggest an Ecopower 827 servo and the Hot Racing mount for it... HRASXTF24M01. It was a huge improvement on our Deadbox build. Adding the Treal hubs adds +5mm worth of scrub steer, which is harder on the stock servo. The Ecopower eats up scrub steer like its candy.

I would suggest the hubs and front diff cover first. See how that does and go from there. You don't want to go too crazy adding rear weight. You want to keep around a 60/40 balance, with 60% of the weight being in the front. At least that's what people say.

I would also suggest an Ecopower 827 servo and the Hot Racing mount for it... HRASXTF24M01. It was a huge improvement on our Deadbox build. Adding the Treal hubs adds +5mm worth of scrub steer, which is harder on the stock servo. The Ecopower eats up scrub steer like its candy.
I'm actually going to be spending like about $50 a week so I will look into the servo mount and the ecopower 827 servo!
wait lol i added the same photo twice
Here is the updated list:
Screenshot 2023-01-02 10.08.21 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-02 10.07.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-02 10.07.45 AM.png

Last edited:

are there any hot racing servo mounts that I can do the double link conversion on?

I ordered some parts last night while we were going to the Portland blazers game. Here are the parts that I ordered:
23AF2433-7F1A-4772-ABC1-4E381E6FF8F9.jpeg

The stupid thing about ordering from TREAL is that it will take between a week and 6 weeks because it comes from china.

I ordered some parts last night while we were going to the Portland blazers game. Here are the parts that I ordered:
View attachment 157774
The stupid thing about ordering from TREAL is that it will take between a week and 6 weeks because it comes from china.
You can order from Amazon from local warehouses.

Alright guys, I have some major updates have been done to the little scx24. It doesn’t run the bronco body anymore, and I am printing a Toyota taco sr5 original and I am gonna mount it to it. I also extended the wheelbase by around an inch and a half. Will post pics when I get home.
BEHOLD! EXTENDO BRONCO!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
That looks cool, but that chassis might not hold up. A guy that used to hang here with an SCX24 he called Taco because even the stock steel chassis got folded in half.

Back