Scx10iiiBody

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
What size is the scx10 iii body, I want to put a Toyota body on the is 312mm can I make it fit?

What size is the scx10 iii body, I want to put a Toyota body on the is 312mm can I make it fit?

Not sure I follow exactly what you want to do. Are you looking for the right kit for the body or the body for the kit?

Most 1/10 crawlers are ~312/313mm (12.3 in) wheel base. There are a few shorter or longer ones but ~12.3" is pretty standard wheelbase.

1/10 SCX10 III Base Camp 4WD Rock Crawler Builder's Kit is 312 mm wheelbase and recommends a 313mm body. 312/313 mm is rounding error, I wouldn't worry about it.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...p-4wd-rock-crawler-builders-kit/AXI03011.html

Does anyone know a good website to get RC bodies from?

Does anyone know a good website to get RC bodies from?
What type/style of body and for what chassis?

Stores
Amain Hobbies has a lot of options but they don't carry all the bodies from every manufacturer.
Island Hobby Nut also has a bunch of body options.

The stores can't carry all the bodies from every manufacturer and it's good to check their website directly.

Manufactures
Pro-Line Racing is popular and there are some bodies that you won't see on Amain as well. The same could be said for just about any manufacturer.
Delta Plastiks. They have some pretty nice options.
Injora has some nice Hard Body options for crawlers.
Of course there are factory bodies and custom options too.

There are probably 100 more sites that I don't know about. Figure out what you want then start searching for it.

I want something easier to remove with posts showing. I'm thinking island hobbies might have one

The scx10.3 Bronco
I don't know how to fasten the post ill switch to on the frame, do you screw them?

OK that makes it more interesting. That's something you'll need to figure out. I don't have one to look at, but I would guess there would be some posts near the shock towers. Maybe you can look at the base camp part list?

There are also other methods like magnet mount, velcro, or you might be able to reuse the under body clips. Maybe some 3D printed parts for the new body would help. You might look around on YouTube and see what others have done.

1694226095236.png

1694226275306.png

I got some extra body mounts with the truck. But its nothing like my first scx10. I don't know anything about this

IMG_20230908_221530.jpg

I got some extra body mounts with the truck. But its nothing like my first scx10. I don't know anything about this

View attachment 171119
That's perfect if you prefer the body posts. The probably drop into the cross brace on top of the shock towers. You just need to figure out which ones fit the new body the best. Then cut some holes for them.

There are lots of YT videos on cutting body holes.

If you want to get fancy you can get magnets for the top of the post. Then glue magnets to the underside of the body. Again check out YT.

Yeah I like the magnet idea ill check youtube