Schumacher Meance .21 review/first impressions!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the info rob.. i know th eHPI ones work great... when i buy one ill have to get a set too..

I had one too. Same opinions as most. insanely fast but super fragile. It might get anothe rwhen all the cnc aluminum parts are out. the plastic pieces suck they break WAY to easy. I will give the people at schumacher credit though. Thier customer service was great. they replaced all broken parts 3 times no problem.

Hey Raptor - It's pretty apparent that the service from Schumacher is excellent as I've heard this from many.

I've got two killer cars sitting in the shop from my brother who apparently can't drive. Some of my RC funds will be tied up in repairing real cars for now..lol. I think I'll be happier with a balls to the walls fast Maxx then I will with a Schumacher Menace. It's a great truck with great designs and things like LSD's that you don't c from many people in this hobby without spending big bucks. I'm gonna finish my current Maxx rebuild and get serious about my Maxx drag racer before I ponder buying a Schumacher.

Peace

Whats up peeps, I'm fairly new to the RC scene. I bought the menace as my first RC and I am doing fine with it. As everyone has already mentioned it is crap your pants fast but I havn't had too many problems with mine. I have gone through a few clutches which is my biggest problem, chewed up a gear, spun a bearing or two, but it has held up quite well considering it will top 70mph. I was driving it not too long ago in my neighborhood, I was coming down a pretty steep hill that has a slight turn once your reach the bottom. Due to the fact that the truck dosn't come with foam tire inserts, when i tryed to turn my tires just flattened out. By this time i had already hit 3rd gear and doing approx. 55-60mph. Sad to say the truck hit the curb and cartwheeled about 20 times. The good news is that the only things to break where 1 wheel (that was because my LHO lost a washer on one of my wheels) and a suspension mount (which i replaced with alloy). Being a newcomer to the scene i try to control my urges to open her up wide open, but do so occasionly. Kudos to Schumacher on makeing the worlds fastest 1/10 scale stadium truck!:thumbsup:

oh yeah, i almost forgot. I took my menace out on my back deck after it rained. This truck does the sickest dounuts I've ever seen in my life. It just sits and spins on axis just like a top. I love this thing!:OMG:

it is a sick sick truck..

some pics of mine with a beer hauler body on it..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

there it is with its new body.. i did the bed in woodgrain, hard to see but if you look close you can see its grain :D the color is custom.. i coat of pearl white, 2 coats of baby blue, 1 coat of dark blue all coats applied when semi tacky/moist so it blead thru to the coat under it.. when i was done sprayign it it was silver.. now its a sweet blue.. chrome was used, candy red.. i also have a light kit to install in a few days once the paint is 100% cured..

well i had it in the parking deck today.. note to self: do not hit ramp where it levels off in 2nd gear.. or this happens..

b.jpg

a.jpg

i have yet to experiance 3rd.. but let me tell you this.. street tires, hard poiurous concrete.. look at head for idea.. it would light all 4 up on take off and hit 2nd when it was still spinning.. and engine temps.. 200f.. I'm scared to go for 250 on it.. 8O parking deck, good 1000ft length.. ran out of room before i could attemt to hit 3rd..

ever seen those movies of cars jumping the hills in cali in police chased.. if they had this they woul not be able to do it.. when you hit the flat spot the truck lifts the front wheels off the ground and flips on its back and slides.. ass end 1st.. how many tanks did i run.. 1... not enough room to open it up to set the HSN.. so now i have to find flat area thats semi dry.. or packed snow with no foot prints to open it up on..

well i finally got 3rd gear.. as soon as local church parking lot is dry.. ill do a quicky vid.. then I'm going to sell it.. any one interested???

ill put it like this.. hows it feel... off the line it will get real squirlly if you give it too much... better to ease into it.. then it slams 2nd gear.. depending on surface may do a few 360s.. when the tires balloon to pizza cutters it nails 3rd and its like ohhhhhhhhhhhh *censored*.. this thing is not practacle for ANYTHING... it is so powerfull off the line its hard to go straight, it turns ok.. has massive oversteer though under throttle.. when the tires balloon the front end wants to flip it over.. i bet you could turn the wheels back and fourth and it goes straight its so light... its SICK.. its one of those hey check out what i got trucks that you break out to show off.. but as for racing it, or normal areas you can possible play.. it is way overkill

Menace - Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that your truck wasn't finished from that wreck.

CRSMP5 - Nice dude. I actually thought that lid was prety gay when I first saw the ad in an RC mag but yours looks sweet. Love those bumpers stickers too...ha.

YOu guys are more then welcome to sell me your front and rear DIffs for some of my cars and trucks.

*****MENACE UPDATE*****

Well, the dude who owns the truck that I drove and wrote this review on said something to the effect of "If you want my menace your going to have to pry it from my cold, dead & Bloody fingers". I told him about this forum and he's gonna register soon and chime in himself. He also siad that the LSD's kick ass offroad and on.

i do have a diff rebuild kit.. is that what your seeking? and the radiocontrol zone has a nice thread on it.. i was lucky enough to buy the box of parts shumacker gave to the LHS with the shipment of this truck too. i paid 150$ for it with tax and looked the costs up on the web.. must say i got a hell of a deal on it :yes: saved a good 75-100$... overall cost is quite high though... 430 truck, 30 street tires, 32 for the body i destroyed on its 1st outing, 15 in paint, 150 for box of goodies, 25 for 5 cell hump pack, 10 for charge harness switch, 75 for a jr receiver, 50 for 2 servos, 35 for batt operated drill... so far broken 2 parts.. the front suspention holder hitting foot print in snow, rear a arm when i taped the wheel on my 1:1 car at about 1mph..

Hey CR5 - Naw, I was actually joking about the diffs bro...lol. It would be sweet if you could run those Limited Slip Schumacher diffs in a Maxx though. THey can obviously handle some serious power with that Thunder Tiger .21 pushing them. It sounds like you got a sweet deal on those parts dude. "$75" for a JR reciever...DAMN. JR makes some nice stuff but that pricey as hell.

Peace

No chit EP, The forum and I learned allot from that post:flamer:

Originally posted by El Pirata
Mine or his?

LOL, Now we're all deviating off subjcet..ha.

Back