Scale Body Mounting?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I started working on a Jeep Wrangler (JK) shell for my SCX-10 a while back and just started working on it again. What I'm looking for is a way to mount the shell without the unsightly body posts poking through to give it a more scale look.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I ALWAYS use to body posts, bobbed flat, then make a plate across them and use velcro.

Velcro. Tried several different methods, including rare earth magnets. Only Velcro worked really well.

How do you mount the velcro to the body posts? I guess I'm kind of slow. I use it on my mERV and my Micro SCT, but I'm just not seeing it here...

Got the Velcro mounted to the plates after they were glued and screwed to the posts.

I guess I'm the only one that does not like velcro mounting. Looks great sure, but you take a hard enough blow and the velcro will come right off your body, paint too... I have seen the bumpers hold the lid on. The male ends of the bumpers go into small holes in the body then the bumper fastened into the female end on the chassis. Not sure how its exactly done but I would stay away from velcro..