SC10 front shock questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Japple

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Picked up a SC10 roller with no front shocks that I want to make into a truck for my dad.
I got a pair of used hot racing shocks that look good but I don't know how they work. The shocks don't have a bladder and have a small hole in the top of the cap.What keeps all the oil from being pushed out of the shocks?

so what's the point in the hole then?

It's a bleed hole, I think it's to let excess air out. Perhaps your shocks are able to accommodate an external piggyback resivour.

Normally a shock cap with a bleed hole needs a bladder. Previous owner may have scavenged the bladders.

Certainly could have scavenged from them. How would I go about getting bladders and new shafts for the shocks as they have correct shafts but not the same length? They are Hot Racing shocks with metallic colored threaded bodies and black caps and spring collars. Also could use new lower spring cups as they are different from each other.

Best bet would be to measure them at full extension & compression, bolt hole to bolt hole and see if anything matches from the Hot Racing website.

Best bet would be to measure them at full extension & compression, bolt hole to bolt hole and see if anything matches from the Hot Racing website.

I am now looking for shocks for my own sc10. Does that mean I can measure bolt hole to bolt hole on my shocks and any shock of the same measurement will fit?

Length wise yes, make sure the new shocks have the same size hollow balls, or check around to see if you can get the right hollow balls for said shocks.
Outer diameter might cause you some problems, depending on how much space you have behind the tires.
You shock shouldn't compress smaller than the stock shocks un-less you purposely went with a slightly shorter shock to change the trucks ride hight.

Unless you know exactly which model of Hot Racing shock you have, it might be quicker and easier to pick up a set of new or used SC10 shocks. Not to mention, if he's going to do any racing, it will be much easier to find a tuning setup (including the AE factory team setup sheets) for the AE shocks. You'll most likely be on your own with the HR shocks. If you do decide to pick up SC10 shocks, remember the 2WD and 4WD use different shocks, so make sure you have the right part number.

I have a set of SC10 Factory Team Shocks for sale that I would be willing to make you a great deal on if you are interested. Thanks

Tom

Thanks for the offer but a buddy is selling me his FT shocks, he's trying the new proline shocks

Power strokes are sweet. I ordered some for my wraith.

Back