Savox Servo's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought three Savox servos last week, two for the Savage and one for the Sprint 2. I installed a SW-0231MG for the steering in Sprint.....waterproof, 208 oz all metal gears in that little car and it strips a gear with only three packs on it. I went to Savox USA to see about the warranty and I'm directed to the following, pay special attention to the part about stripped gears! Very disappointed :(

**Warranty does not cover issues due to misuse, negligence, or normal wear and tear. Impact related damage is not covered under warranty. Any modifications such as welding of wires also voids warranty. StriSavox SW-0231MGpped gear sets are not covered by warranty however servos may be sent into SavoxUSA for repair (all costs incurred will be covered by customer including retail price for gear sets, shipping, and nominal fees for time and labor). Again, if you have any questions about warranty situations, please feel free to contact us.

Makes you wonder about a company that limits things like that.

Hell I wonder if their going to replace.my 1256tg that shorts out 100% I had in my Wraith......

They might, it is not a stripped gear. But there may be a clause for that as well. I say try and see. I file claims for everything, worst they can do is say no. Shaun

**Warranty does not cover issues due to misuse, negligence, or normal wear and tear. Impact related damage is not covered under warranty. Any modifications such as welding of wires also voids warranty. StriSavox SW-0231MGpped gear sets are not covered by warranty however servos may be sent into SavoxUSA for repair (all costs incurred will be covered by customer including retail price for gear sets, shipping, and nominal fees for time and labor). Again, if you have any questions about warranty situations, please feel free to contact us.

LOL! So essentially, the "warrantee" covers absolutely nothing. Reminds me of Integy's "warrantee". Once you install it, you eat it should anything go wrong.

I think I'm gonna pass on installing my Savox's and resell them just out of principal. :mustache:

Hitec told me the same thing. I have better luck and cs with Savox.

It is not just servo's it is everything now. When my PS3 quit I sent it in for repairs and they told my that using it for watching blu-ray movies voided the warranty. When the choke came apart on my 5th scale I was told that the engine is not covered. So it is not just this stuff. Warranty's are just a ghost anymore, IMO. Shaun

Since it's not covered by warranty I took it apart to take a look, it's a broken gear. Lucky for me this gear only makes a half rotation so I was able to turn it 180 and use it until I buy a new gear set.

8654gh_zps15b4ed23.gif

That's lame. I never had that problem with my Hitec servos. I was skeptical when I bought my Savox's a couple years ago. They were all the rage but there were also lots of complaints. Think I'm gonna continue with my ol' reliables.

I use crappy 0252's in all of my cars from 1/8th to 1/10th and (knock on wood) I haven't destroyed one of them even in some pretty good crashes. I have noticed one slow down a bit but for what I am doing I don't really care.

But that is stupid what they did to you.

That's a fantastic way to get yourself a bad reputation, not giving a customer a new gear that costs them a few cents to stamp out after they bought a 70+ dollar servo. Just stupid. I have a Savox servo for steering in my truggy, and will not be buying more even though it works great. Why? This post.

Makes you wonder about a company that limits things like that.

Reminds me of this warranty: my favorite part is in red. Bent an a-arm to where it was unusable (after just a few runs) and boy they fought tooth and nail. I went to the owner and he kept saying 'Did you read the warranty'? (his exact words). I told him, "Uhm, I have that sh*t on TAPE." Ha ha. It's good to share this sort of information about companies as so many of you have stated in this thread. I support aftermarket companies that don't have all the fancy advertisements but do give incredible customer service like TBR, DE Racing, and M2C Racing.

-------------------------------------------------

Warranty Terms and Restrictions: If you manage to break an RPM molded product under normal operating conditions(1), we will replace that part at no further cost to you(2). Normal operating conditions covers most types of driving conditions that an unmodified, stock R/C vehicle would normally encounter, including most normal bumps, jumps, and road hazards. RPM will not warranty a broken or damaged part if it has been modified in any way (or if the part breaks due to modifications elsewhere on the vehicle that directly affects the RPM part in question). This includes, but is not limited to, drilling, grinding, filing, etc., nor will we warranty any part that has been worn out through extended use and / or abuse. In addition, it is nearly impossible to crush an RPM part under normal operating conditions, therefore crush damage of any sort will not be covered. Bending an RPM part until it can no longer function properly does not fall within warranty guidelines either. Please contact us in this situation. We may have a solution that can correct the problem without the item in question ever having to be sent in. Please use common sense to determine if the breakage was caused by a materials or workmanship issue. We take great pride in the engineering and craftsmanship that goes into each and every RPM part. Therefore, we take our customer service related issues just as seriously and we will do everything possible to resolve legitimate warranty related claims. RPM reserves the right to final judgment regarding all warranty issues. Every RPM part sent in for warranty review will be reviewed by a member of the RPM staff to determine whether or not the guidelines of the RPM warranty policy apply.

We test every part we build on a stock, unmodified vehicle. We can only guarantee the fit and performance of an RPM part based on the stock, unmodified vehicle. Any additional non-RPM parts or modifications made to your vehicle may affect the performance of any installed RPM products and can quite possibly void the RPM warranty. It is the responsibility of the vehicle's owner to determine whether or not additional non-RPM aftermarket items or physical modifications to the vehicle will affect the fit or performance of any RPM products installed.

i.e. Good luck with your claim. :cross-eyed: (I added this part)
-----------------
Regarding servos, I own most major 'brands' and best service I've received is for ProTek (Amain Hobbies). Haven't had any Savox issues so not dealt with them yet, but this is disappointing to read.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I had to come back to this thread and say the I'm impressed with the performance of all three of these servos! I installed two of them in my Savage and while they are not the strongest they do turn the tires on dirt, grass, and concrete while the truck is sitting still. As for the one with the broken gear I'm convinced it was damaged before it was installed in the servo. It hasn't had a problem since and I have been punishing it in a slash with no servo saver! The one in the Slash has been submerged a couple of times with zero problems.

Last edited:
I find my savox servos run the batt down faster than my hitec equipped rcs.

UPDATE:

I had to come back to this thread and say the I'm impressed with the performance of all three of these servos! I installed two of them in my Savage and while they are not the strongest they do turn the tires on dirt, grass, and concrete while the truck is sitting still. As for the one with the broken gear I'm convinced it was damaged before it was installed in the servo. It hasn't had a problem since and I have been punishing it in a slash with no servo saver! The one in the Slash has been submerged a couple of times with zero problems.

Hey Pete...

I know Savox servos get labeled as a budget servo but I have been very happy with mine so far. They are strong and fast.... a bit noisy but you get used to that. Glad yours are cranking away. I know I won't hesitate to buy them again. The prices are a bit more reasonable than Hitec or the other "high end" servos.

I know Savox servos get labeled as a budget servo but I have been very happy with mine so far..... a bit noisy but you get used to that.

Good, I though the one I picked up was kinda loud....I was waiting for it to burn up.