Savage / lrp / flm problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetickduke

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have the Flm, extended and lowered kit. I have an lrp 32 in there currently. With the 52 tooth spur I couldn't fit anything in there.. So I got a Robinson racing 47 tooth.

Problem is.. I don't have room to go over a 13 tooth clutch bell.. And it sucks..

How the hell do I gain room? Am I gonna have to modify the engine plate itself?

🙆‍♂️🥴🥴

I have the Flm, extended and lowered kit. I have an lrp 32 in there currently. With the 52 tooth spur I couldn't fit anything in there.. So I got a Robinson racing 47 tooth.

Problem is.. I don't have room to go over a 13 tooth clutch bell.. And it sucks..

How the hell do I gain room? Am I gonna have to modify the engine plate itself?

🙆‍♂️🥴🥴

Maybe there is an after market engine mount ,I know one time I bought an Integy that the
holes were slotted on the mount ,so it gave me the ability to move the engine from front
to back with the mount ,besides the chassy slots that allowed me to move to adjust the
gear mesh ,but that mount was for the AE MGT!

But maybe they make one for the Savage too ,dont know!...🤔

Maybe there is an after market engine mount ,I know one time I bought an Integy that the
holes were slotted on the mount ,so it gave me the ability to move the engine from front
to back with the mount ,besides the chassy slots that allowed me to move to adjust the
gear mesh ,but that mount was for the AE MGT!

But maybe they make one for the Savage too ,dont know!...🤔
I have quite a few stock mounts here.. And a few engine plates. I may bust out the dremel and notch out that engine plate..

Got a photo of it with the engine out to show us the engine plate?

Is the engine hitting the side rail or is the plate not slotted enough to allow it to move?

I actually just used a lower profile screw in my mount and it fit.