Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetfft

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking to step into a high power lipo truck after recently getting a 1/16 eRevo VXL.

Pros/cons on which is better/worse?

I don't race them so I'm not out for top speed, just what would be the most enjoyable etc...

Thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

alot of people look at it like this
e-revo=race basher handles better than savage but not as durable
flux= straight basher doesn't handle as good but much more durable

i got the savage flux and it handles good so I'm happy i put a couple necessary upgrades and now its almost indestructable, i would say it is hands down the most durable rc I've had and it will be hard to beat

I've also had a mini revo and a flux will put a smile on your face as soon as you hit the throttle, both of these rcs have massive power

Savage flux all the way. Its much ,much more durable and it looks like a proper monster truck :)

The 1/8 scale eRevo Brushless Edition uses the same motor/ESC combo as the Savage. Since you already have a mERV, you know all of the basic capabilities of its bigger brother. I would go with the eRevo simply because it is able to handle better and is every bit as tough as it need to be for a basher.

Sorry HPI, but the eRevo is my choice.

I was at this same crossroad about 8 months ago; down to these 2 choices. I went for the Savage Flux HP, love it. Amazingly durable, especially compared to my old T-maxx 3.3.
But as far as the handling vs. the eRevo, there are some things you can do to help it. I put the wideners from the the Savage XL kit which helps. Also some less aggressive tires like a 1/8 truggy tire or something like that helps a whole lot-but you will loose your backflips with a less aggressive tire.

Back