Savage Carnage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifft it

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got to do a test run on a savage today.dammit, the 30Vg was runnin awesome at 50 degrees. there was lotsa standing water and snow in the yard. Plenty of mud. I like the handling of the dual shocks on each corner and that the truck isnt squishy.losi shocks are stiff, and the small aluminum ones are semi-squishy to take the small bumps before the big shocks kick in. I Need to loosen brakes up some, though, as a
Brake-tumble broke stuff.
Would i be better changing the plastic losi shock tops to metal?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    902.3 KB · Views: 346
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 353
Got to do a test run on a savage today.dammit, the 30Vg was runnin awesome at 50 degrees. there was lotsa standing water and snow in the yard. Plenty of mud. I like the handling of the dual shocks on each corner and that the truck isnt squishy.losi shocks are stiff, and the small aluminum ones are semi-squishy to take the small bumps before the big shocks kick in. I Need to loosen brakes up some, though, as a
Brake-tumble broke stuff.
Would i be better changing the plastic losi shock tops to metal?

Was it a goose bump thrill?....:D

no, it was an 'OH poop" moment. either smash the brakes and tumble or run across a busy state highway and get squished

That is FOOLISHNESS!!! Yeah, I'd DEFINITELY be looking into a modified tank for that bad boy!!!

yea, I'm thinking that a piece of polished L-channel mounted to the frameplate would make for a great mount for a different style tank.
I dont really want to go through the hassle of changing and moving the electronics to a different place

There's gotta be something REAL special about that tank!!! :hehe: Or a very special seller!:wacky:
For that kind of money, you can buy a LOT of channel, flat stock, a TOTALLY DIFFERENT CHASSIS!!!:hehe::bowtothercnt:

bavck to the drawing board i guess......lol

You might want to upgrade the caps and bodies on those shocks. The alloy ones seemed to have a much smoother operation than the plastic ones. I had both on my aftershock back in the day. It came with plastic which were fine. I used RC Ravens dual rate springs on it and it worked really well. A couple bashing buddies at the time had LST2's, so I was able to check out the alloy shocks. I think they came with plastic caps though too. Just an alloy body. My only issue at the time was bending the snot out of the upper mount bolts. I think they were 4-40 standard thread. I drilled out the tower/bushing to 4mm and used 4mm bolts instead. Never bent one after that. :)

I think the cause on breakage of the caps would be do to the piston inside bottoming out onto the caps ,
so you might want to invest in a stiffer spring ,also ,on some RC models ,they have an actual set screw that only allows
the a-arm to move so far when the suspension is fully compressed.
I've blowed out shock caps before on heavy landings ,so its where the shock piston rams the shock cap!..mostly
notorious on stock shocks!...:cool:

I just replaced my lsts with big bores. Two of the alu caps popped off. The threads are torn up now

Plastic caps broke constantly on wheelies and cartwheels.