Savage Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice...the body actually looks good on there too.....but um....that is the only way a Traxxas will be as tough as a Savage. I can't wait for my FLM stuff to get in....sa-weet. So can you no longer use a roll hoop on that thing and how is the Axial RR working out for ya?

thanks. I got a solid base tune one the axial today. I left my temp gun in the truck and tuned it until it ripped and i still had smoke. I'm not gonna be analytical about temps if it prevents me from having fun with the truck. 1 gallon of fun is a heckuvalot better than 8 gallons of lame performance. Its got decent takeoff speed now and clears all three gears smoothly.

I took the savage and slayer out today and had a blast. I ran two tanks through the savage and it was great. It really soaked up the terrain nicely. I found my nagging steering problem too. It has been wrecking havoc on me ever since i got the truck. I would get it running straight and then it seemed like i was WAY off just a few minutes later. I cleaned up all the slop in the steering, lubed everything (incase something was sticking) and still the same.

Come to find out the inner rod end on my right rear turnbuckle is warped a little so if you fiddle with it, it will get loose and misalign the rear tire a little. Then you can rotate it and it gets fairly tight again.

Next mod is some rear tie-rod eliminators.

Overall i am a happy camper right now. I have two decently modded trucks that are in great running shape (other than that rear tie rod). The slayer received my stamp of approval today as it took some really brutal landings and came out unscathed. It even took a really hard hit when it caught a bad bump coming up a hill and the nose grabbed the ground at about 35. It did about 6-7 front flips in the air and then hit the ground rolling. It ended up on all 4's eventually so i gave it a "gentle" WOT! for a systems check.

Final cleaning and inspection went smooth and both trucks are prepped for another session.

i am gonna wait for a set of the hpi ones to hit ebay or perhaps just get the atomic rc ones.

Last edited:
Back