rustler vxl or e-firestorm 10t flux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honda237

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am trying to decide on what truck to buy. It is between the rustler vxl or e-firestorm 10t flux. I would be using a 2cell lipo. I want a very durable truck for extremely rough bashing and want to know which truck to buy out of the two? I like to not have to upgrade the truck at all.

From what I've heard the firestorm is a VERY durable truck right out of the box. But, the Valineon is a hell of a system, and the HPI hasn't been tested yet and we don't know what bugs the system might have.

Maybe a slash with a brushless system in it, Would that be a good basher. I am just looking for Ideas. I already have a brushless emaxx 16.8 that cost me over a $1000. So I don't want to spend to much more. But I am looking for a good electric fast vehicle for bashing.

No the Slash is not a basher. It doesn't have the suspension travel an is twice the size of the Rustler. I dont have a Firestorm but I do have 4 Rustlers, and I can tell you the Rustler is pretty strong straight out of the box. It handles great and the Velenion system is VERY fast and really easy to use, and, unlike some systems, if you find a 3s laying around somewhere you can just throw it in. Systems like the Novak, although good, are limited to 2s.

How does the diff hold up in the rustler vxl? My xxx-t that I am selling always tore apart so I don't want to have diff problems. Does the controller get pretty far distance away that you can drive? My emaxx could only get about 30 feet away and it is brand new?

Last edited:
There is something wrong with your E-Maxx. The controller has a range on it further than you can see the car good most of the time.

It really bad now that the hv pro system is on it.

The problem lies somewhere in your radio system. First of all, do you have brand new or fully charged transmitter batteries? Also, did you manage to get the receiver wet or anything like that? If you have some extra receivers, swap one out and see how it works.

The transmitter batteries are brand new and the receiver never got wet. I should be getting a Airtronics MX-3FHSS today but I can't test any thing until I get my motor back from novak since it broke after 5 days of running.

My guess is you've damaged the aerial lead somehow, if its not glitching when its close then its your aerial.
To answer your transmission question the VXL tranny is quite strong. I have never damaged one and with the 3s 8000mah with the 35T pinion and 76T spur shes good for 90mph plus by the numbers. One run only before cooling.
Even track running and hard bashing with sensible gearing the tranny has never been a problem.

Last edited:
Back