Rustler servo saver.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta agree with WF on this one. If your using the stock Traxxas shock shafts, those things will bend if you just sneeze in their general direction. All my Traxxas kits get immediate shock or at least shock shaft upgrades right out the gate these days. I've had good luck with the TiNi shafts that Traxxas makes and I love prolines shocks even though they are pricey for what they are.

Not sure flex at the shock tower would cause shocks to bend more easily. I have a Jato that bent the shock shafts on a mild bump, and it has aluminum shock towers, aluminum chassis, etc. I am pretty sure it was just compression of the shocks quickly that caused it when I hit a small lip in the pavement.

The stock Traxxas shock shafts are crap, and I am pretty sure they are made from mild steel. Simply compressing them quickly would bend them, even if in a controlled test where the shocks were held perfectly straight I am guessing. I have Chinese shocks that have much stronger shafts in them.

I gotta agree with WF on this one. If your using the stock Traxxas shock shafts, those things will bend if you just sneeze in their general direction. All my Traxxas kits get immediate shock or at least shock shaft upgrades right out the gate these days. I've had good luck with the TiNi shafts that Traxxas makes and I love prolines shocks even though they are pricey for what they are.

Like I said it was just a theory.

Either way I put the shock shafts out of an Ecx Torment/Ruckus 2wd in the rears and so far they haven't bent so you are probably right.

The Rusty has Losi DB Pro shocks that I bought off Jennys RC. Rears were easy to mount as I just used the shock mounts from the DB Pro, front was rather tricky I ended up using V1 Arrma 6s shock mounts, I need to find some slightly shorter screws though. The cheap Chinesium front shock tower has held up so far, the rear not so much hence why I was looking for a better option for the rear.

20220907_183235.jpg

No jumping just doing wheelies and rolling over...................

20220904_141727.jpg

20220904_141735.jpg

My next conundrum is that neither the stock or Rpm wheelie bar mount mount up to the 272R Magnum transmission, it uses a different mount entirely and I have no idea if the old Traxxas wheelie bar mounts up to it or not.

Last edited:
Not familiar with the Magnum Trans. I will say though that when you go to replace the shock towers (if you go with aluminum) to make sure they are made either out of 6061 T6 or 7075 aluminum. Regular 6061 is fairly soft and can bend and even shear off fairly easily compared to harder aluminum.

Not familiar with the Magnum Trans. I will say though that when you go to replace the shock towers (if you go with aluminum) to make sure they are made either out of 6061 T6 or 7075 aluminum. Regular 6061 is fairly soft and can bend and even shear off fairly easily compared to harder aluminum.
And even if the Chinese say it is T6 aluminum... it more than likely isn't. But then again, Aarma says their Kraton chassis is 7075 T6, but it definitely isn't.

I didn't know it was different until I tried to mount the wheelie bar mount then I was like wert Der ferk? I didn't have high hopes for it but I at least expected it to be able to survive some wheelies and rolling over. I could understand it bending if I was jumping it and landed upside down which is how I cracked the stock one.

And even if the Chinese say it is T6 aluminum... it more than likely isn't. But then again, Aarma says their Kraton chassis is 7075 T6, but it definitely isn't.

Maybe Chinese 7075 T6 I cannot believe how easily the chassis, shock towers and Ackerman all bent on my EXB.

Maybe Chinese 7075 T6 I cannot believe how easily the chassis, shock towers and Ackerman all bent on my EXB.
Whether 6061 or 7075, neither will bend easily without breaking if hardened to T6 grade. 6061 will bend a little before breaking, but the T6 hardness of either makes the aluminum very hard and spring-like. This of course depends on the shape of the part. But true T6 aluminum plate if bent will spring right back.

Today I learned that the servo saver out of the 4x4 will fit in the 2wd Slash, Rustler and Bandit, now I don't have to spend $40 on the Hot Racing bellcrank for the 2wd.