Rustler 4x4 problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I went on vacation and made the mistake to bring my rustler and of course the damn thing broke, my waterproof 100% screwed down reciver box has a puddle of water so the recivers toast, I put my TQ radio and reciver in it now it won’t work properly it blinks red 1,2,3,4 and only turns doesn’t drive, my drivetrain locks up once you get off the throttle and my diffs are way to loose how can I basically lock them?

So I went on vacation and made the mistake to bring my rustler and of course the damn thing broke, my waterproof 100% screwed down reciver box has a puddle of water so the recivers toast, I put my TQ radio and reciver in it now it won’t work properly it blinks red 1,2,3,4 and only turns doesn’t drive, my drivetrain locks up once you get off the throttle and my diffs are way to loose how can I basically lock them?
Do you have new receiver? You will have to program esc end points.

That's why diffs exists, to be "loose" otherwise it will not be able to turn and will flip over instead

Did you use the blue rubber seal with the receiver box? Traxxas recommends using some silicone grease or something to lube the seal so no water can get in but its traxxas. Traxxas does lie about 50% about their things. Like their aluminum strength and scale sizes and other things. - https://fb.watch/j66jNEQ8Q8/

Like @Bogda89 i would re-calibrate the esc and reset end points and all.

Make sure there is no binding in any of the driveshafts, gears or anything?

Do you have new receiver? You will have to program esc end points.

That's why diffs exists, to be "loose" otherwise it will not be able to turn and will flip over instead
Oh ok, someone of facebook said the button was jammed down
Did you use the blue rubber seal with the receiver box? Traxxas recommends using some silicone grease or something to lube the seal so no water can get in but its traxxas. Traxxas does lie about 50% about their things. Like their aluminum strength and scale sizes and other things. - https://fb.watch/j66jNEQ8Q8/

Like @Bogda89 i would re-calibrate the esc and reset end points and all.

Make sure there is no binding in any of the driveshafts, gears or anything?
Yep used the seal just my luck, it definitely dead

The blinking red lights on your TQ radio and receiver indicate that there may be a problem with the connection between them. You could try re-binding them to see if that resolves the issue.

As for your drivetrain locking up, it could be due to water getting into the bearings or other components. You might want to disassemble the drivetrain and clean and lubricate all the parts to ensure they're working smoothly.

The blinking red lights on your TQ radio and receiver indicate that there may be a problem with the connection between them. You could try re-binding them to see if that resolves the issue.

As for your drivetrain locking up, it could be due to water getting into the bearings or other components. You might want to disassemble the drivetrain and clean and lubricate all the parts to ensure they're working smoothly.
Thanks, I got it figured out, the cover (has a plastic button) was jammed took it off and it’s fine

Back