RS4 3 tuned pipe ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using the AE tuned pipe. I think the pipe part number is 7730. The shape isn't your standard "cone " pipe. It is symetrical

i running the ae pipe also great pipe a little high piched though

THE SOUND OF SPEED

Wow! Talk about a dead thread, this one is nearly 10 months old. 8-0 I'm glad to see a few more RS4 3 owners, welcome guys.

Anyway, I decided on either the THS or RD Logics pipe. I never did anything about it though, my two Ts have been sucking up all my r/c money, lol. I take the RS4 out every so often just to run a tank or two through it, but it mostly just sits, off road is so much better.

So how well does the AE pipe fit on the RTR3? I thought the location of the pressure return line hole on that pipe would pose a problem with the tank right there.

Where does the stinger exit the car?

Is it the 7730 or 7731? The 7731 is the high rpm pipe, it has more of a long taper. The 7730 is what I use on my T-Maxx, it is more of a bottom end pipe, and has a steep cone.

So how well do they perform?

Hey NCNITRO I use AE pipe # 7730. I had to bend the wire mount a bit but I got it to work just fine. The LHS told me it was the best pipe to use for ALL around power throughout the entire band. I am not quite sure of it's potential because I am trying to locate a decent carb. The 10E may be a dead end . They are hard to find.Do you have any suggestions or alternative? What about the 5.5mm carb HPI sells?:w00t:

I use a THS Racing pipe. I bought it on eBay for about $50. It comes with the header, header retension spring, coupling springs, gasket dounuts and mounting wire. A vast improvement over the stock pipe. It has a polished aluminum finish and you don't use and wire ties or coupler tube. Here is an auction of the same one I purchased.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3124005586&category=19168

Larry, that pipe is one of the pipes I was considering. The other is the RD Logics pipe.

387291rtr3pipe.jpg

it looks quite similar to the THS

By looking the photo of the RD looks real close. What is the cost of that one? Curious....

That one is $45, they also have another version that they call the turbo, it is $51, heres the turbo

387292rtrpipe2.jpg

Go to the home page there is a banner there, it will take you to their site. They also are offering free shipping on orders over $50.

From what I understand RD and THS are the same. RD being popular in the west and THS being popular in the east. Both pipes seem to look and perform the same.