RJ Speed Speedway Sprinter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tools for everything from watchmaking to woodworking. A lot of automotive specialty tools for European and Japanese cars. Motorcycle tools and machinist stuff. Anyone interested in about six tool boxes full of tools make me an offer.

image.jpg

I have a fair amount of tools but not that many lol. I have a rule though, If I ever need a tool and I dont have it, then I buy it. Even if I dont think Ill ever use it again. I figure if I needed it once, I'm liable to eventually need it again even if its 10 years from now lol

I have a fair amount of tools but not that many lol. I have a rule though, If I ever need a tool and I dont have it, then I buy it. Even if I dont think Ill ever use it again. I figure if I needed it once, I'm liable to eventually need it again even if its 10 years from now lol
That is what I do. And this tach is a prime example. I was doing an engine swap and needed more pulley speed to get the charging system up to speed.

I took my RJ modified out today and did some tuning and testing. The right front wheel was rubbing at full lock and acting like brakes.
The rear of the body was dragging on the carpet.
I had Freewheeling enabled in my ESC because I took it out of a crawler.
And I had just a touch of toe in. Now I have tow out.
With all of that wrong it still felt pretty good and was race able. O and I did zero tire prep so it was pushing in the turns.
All of that is now fixed and I’ll test it again tomorrow.

247B9BBD-6AC5-4108-9FEE-2BB6911575D5.jpeg

@Iowa crawler I don't know how you can remember all the different tweaks and settings on all of your cars. I can barely remember where I put mine. 🤔
I use set up sheets. And I keep them in my tool box. Other wise I could never even remember them.

This is a cool thread, love those race cars. There's a club near me which runs outside on two different sized clay ovals and inside they have one oval and a drag strip. It's an old roller rink. I've watched a few races there but don't know the ins and outs of it. it's hard for me to get involved (in this or really anything with other people...) because a lot of their races are on weeknights and i work nightshift. 😔

If they race at night, are they open during the day for practice? I stopped past the track this afternoon and there are a lot of people there and they just opened. By far the cheapest racing is a used RJ Speed legends car. I have seen ready to run cars with the radio for 200.00. Don’t worry about racing just go when they are open and drive around the track. See how you like it and meet the people that are there during the day.

Yep. Dude looks like the normal sprint car driver. Scared stiff. :eek:

Seeing the screw in the helmet reminds me of the time our driver pulled into the pits after the B-main. Had a 3/8in bolt skewered through the face shield. His only comment, "Made it a little hard seeing to set up for the corner". Eagle Raceway, 3/8 mile oval outside of Lincoln, Nebraska back early '70s.

'AC'

I got some rings that should help with the side of the tires getting torn up so bad. And not hitting the wall so much helps.
I tried to figure out how to hold the driver. There is literally nothing below him. So I got the idea to just make a strap.

Last edited:
So after a full season racing the Sprinter, I actually finished first in the points championships. I was kinda surprised when I hit top ten. And made sure I always placed well with four first place finishes over all.

I really like the RJ speed race cars. Lots of fun easy to work with and not expensive fun.

image.jpg

So after a full season racing the Sprinter, I actually finished first in the points championships. I was kinda surprised when I hit top ten. And made sure I always placed well with four first place finishes over all.

I really like the RJ speed race cars. Lots of fun easy to work with and not expensive fun.

View attachment 165156
congrats! Too bad i don't have any of those nearby or I would enter

Back