Rig of the Month Discussion thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People need to lighten up, these contests are supposed to be fun,
Maybe you missed this part. ^^^^
I give up. 🤷‍♂️ . You can have your rules, as

If you look you can see that I voted for @Warby , because it a great photo. I get that. Maybe I'm bummed that I did not do a tank photo, or Drone. . I will. . What are the requirements? Do I need to verify that I can operate the machine? How do I prove that I can? An RC is an RC.

I love your Capra. I looked up Capra, a few months ago and it came out goats. So cool. 🤣

An RC is an RC, Give me a break. I mean come on. Jet, boat, truck. I mean, we all get that. Some want to spin that. OK. This Is an RC now.? 🤣. I voted for that and I will not retract it.If that's an RC then it is.:)

An RC is an RC, Give me a break. I mean come on. Jet, boat, truck. I mean, we all get that. Some want to spin that. OK. This Is an RC now.? 🤣. I voted for that and I will not retract it.If that's an RC then it is.:)
By "an RC" I think you are considering that to only be the small cars we tinker with and drive. But a remotely controlled vihicle is an RC, no matter how big it is. At least the way I see it. If you think about it, the space shuttle is an RC 🙃

Well meow, that makes it even more eligible in my mind 😅
Good then.

By "an RC" I think you are considering that to only be the small cars we tinker with and drive. But a remotely controlled vihicle is an RC, no matter how big it is. At least the way I see it. If you think about it, the space shuttle is an RC 🙃
That's all good and said. I just can't seem to take a photo of the space shuttle. Every time I try I get arrested. You try. If I get arrested enough, does that count?

This never worried me until I found out that its not an RC, At least what I consider one. It's an RC so be it. :). I know people in FL, Maybe they can take a good lift off pic.Will post if I get one.

Last edited:
Good then.

That's all good and said. I just can't seem to take a photo of the space shuttle. Every time I try I get arrested. You try. If I get arrested enough, does that count?

This never worried me until I found out that its not an RC, At least what I consider one. It's an RC so be it. :)
I made parts for the space shuttle, so I could enter that one next time 😆

I made parts for the space shuttle, so I could enter that one next time 😆
You're a good man Charlie Brown. 🤣. I like what @Doom! said. Aint nothin but a thang. 😁

I get wound up for nothin. :rolleyes:

R.gif

I'm going for the "lighten up crowd"..... if it's a remote control rig then enter it if you want to. If our members don't like it then it will lose. That's why I made an earlier post about how funny it was that I was losing to a sailboat, bulldozer and jet plane. In the end it's just a fun contest for a nice label under your username and a $50 Amazon card that I can spend in 3.1 seconds. :)

I'm not sure anyone here is really offended by the bulldozer, space shuttle, or anything else or if we are just getting caught up in the lack of nuance that internet posts offer vs being able to see someones lips actually moving. Let me say this really clearly - You are all great and I am glad to share the forum with you.

Last edited:
I thought the idea was a scale model of an actual production vehicle or concept vehicle that flies, floats, or drives, of a hobby quality. Do you have to own or have built vehicles entered? My entries all fit that category, my vehicles, although my 1st entry was a scale model of my 1:1 Trans Am, AND my buddy's 1980 K10 Chevy, modeled after his real life '87 Chevy V10, that I built for him.
I like Woodie's entry every month. I would love to see it, and the real 1:1 version.
Besides that, I am loving that sail boat, Jet plane, and Honda racer. Upvoted everyone I like, and will try to do so as long as this month's contest is going on.

Last edited:
I thought the idea was a scale model of an actual production vehicle or concept vehicle that flies, floats, or drives, of a hobby quality. Do you have to own or have built vehicles entered? My entries all fit that category, my vehicles, although my 1st entry was a scale model of my 1:1 Trans Am, AND my buddy's 1980 K10 Chevy, modeled after his real life '87 Chevy V10, that I built for him.
I like Woodie's entry every month. I would love to see it, and the real 1:1 version.
Besides that, I am loving that sail boat, Jet plane, and Honda racer. Upvoted everyone I like, and will try to do so as long as this month's contest is going on.
Like Doom mentioned, it's all in good fun. To me, if you are involved with it in some way and it is controlled remotely, I think anything can be cool. Maybe Woodie has certain criteria they need to adhere to, but as of yet I don't think that has been strictly defined. A lot of these weird remote control objects have probably benefited in some way from RC hobby technology anyway, so game on as far as I am concerned.

Edit: After re-reading the rules, it does say a pic of "your" RC. So there is that stipulation.

Last edited:
Back