Riddle me this!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok nitro headz, Can someone please explain to me what the deal is with this type of cooling head? Thanks :)

osmg2067.jpg

Here you go. It changes gravity
Type S has high vertical finned low-profile cooling head for improving the car drivability with low gravity.

It's right on the Horizon Hobby website

As the weight goes down your car approaches infinite power to weight ratio and disappears into another dimension.

Perhaps the wide low head causes heat to shoot straight up creating downforce making your car handle better.

Looks like my old motorized bicycle cooling head.

Its also listed on the os website mentioning center of gravity.

My bad, I didnt read the website. O _ o

Thanks though guys.

Usually see those kinds of heads on on-road cars. Lower CG, less air flow disruption over the rear air foil/wing maybe as well?

Usually see those kinds of heads on on-road cars. Lower CG, less air flow disruption over the rear air foil/wing maybe as well?
Seems like that kind of head wouldnt be as efficient at cooling? Does that style tend to run any hotter?

OS was also known for their odd engine cooling heads ,some of the airplanes had
a square shape ,an I think they even designed a lay down engine that layed on its
side for onroad cars!..:thumbs-up:

a square shape ,an I think they even designed a lay down engine that layed on its
The lay down engine idea is pretty cool. I just bought a used OS Speed B2101 .21 engine for my D817 Buggy. Its used but I only paid $100 bucks for it so even if I have to slap a new piston and sleeve in it, Ill still have l;ess than $300 in it and I believe these were about $450-$500 brand new,

The lay down engine idea is pretty cool. I just bought a used OS Speed B2101 .21 engine for my D817 Buggy. Its used but I only paid $100 bucks for it so even if I have to slap a new piston and sleeve in it, Ill still have l;ess than $300 in it and I believe these were about $450-$500 brand new,

OS is a top notch Japanese engine company ,their stuff was always quality!

Here is some info that you should know!.. :cool:

Hpi did that with the monster king and a t15. I saw one at discount at jr honbies kissimmee for a third of a price. I went back a week or two and they had closed doors. Really wanted that truck.

OS is a top notch Japanese engine company ,their stuff was always quality!

Here is some info that you should know!.. :cool:

Sorry baker, I'm not sure what I was supposed to take away from that video?

Ty Tessman is racing right now at Beach RC ,he maybe using the more updated OS engine not sure
if he is still running OS engines!..:cool:

Ty Tessman is racing right now at Beach RC ,he maybe using the more updated OS engine not sure
if he is still running OS engines!..:cool:
I think I saw Adam Drake repping OS the other day. I guess hes not with Nova anymore? On a side note, Nova pissed me off. I was thinking about buying a pair of the old Adam Drake Engines and after doing some cursory looking online for part numbers to see if replacement parts could be had I ended up emailing Nova and asking them for a part list or an exploded view of the engine so I could find part numbers. Their first response was "out of stock". I was like I'm not asking you in you have any in stock, I'm trying to find part lists etc so I can look for replacement parts. Then they came back with, "we can't find your purchase in our system". I was so mad, I was like "I have to have purchased my engine directly from you in order to get information on how to buy replacement parts?!". Its been a day and a half and they still havent replied. Guess I wont be buying any more Nova engines. 🤷‍♂️

I think I saw Adam Drake repping OS the other day. I guess hes not with Nova anymore? On a side note, Nova pissed me off. I was thinking about buying a pair of the old Adam Drake Engines and after doing some cursory looking online for part numbers to see if replacement parts could be had I ended up emailing Nova and asking them for a part list or an exploded view of the engine so I could find part numbers. Their first response was "out of stock". I was like I'm not asking you in you have any in stock, I'm trying to find part lists etc so I can look for replacement parts. Then they came back with, "we can't find your purchase in our system". I was so mad, I was like "I have to have purchased my engine directly from you in order to get information on how to buy replacement parts?!". Its been a day and a half and they still havent replied. Guess I wont be buying any more Nova engines. 🤷‍♂️

If you are talking about the Novarossi engine ,they no longer are in business anymore ,people are buying
old stock up for parts or as collector items!:cool:
An Ty Tessman switch from OS to FX engines!

If you are talking about the Novarossi engine ,they no longer are in business anymore ,people are buying
old stock up for parts or as collector items!:cool:
An Ty Tessman switch from OS to FX engines!
Nova went out of business? I have an open trouble ticket in with them right now. Maybe thats why I'm getting crappy customer service lol