Revvin outta control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danglebeef

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First seal job now I have a badass airleak, causin it to rev outta control . Wat should I do? Seal the ezstart housing? N how do u seal fuel inlet wout covering the holes? Thanks

when you seal your carb you are only supposed to seal the THREADS of the needles, not the entire needle. make sure that you sealed everything correctly.

You shldnt have to seal the Ezy Start to the back plate just the back plate to the engine itself.. did you seal the carb throat..? I only sealed the back plate, carbie throat and the screw that hold the carbie in and it worked fine..twice..
What did you use to seal.. i recommend Heat Resistant Copper RTV..

What exactly did you seal and how did you seal it? Sounds like you may have clogged something. Needles don't usually need sealed unless the engine has sat for a long period of time. Then it's best to replace the o-rings and lube them with Vaseline.

I used ultra copper rtv. I sealed backplate to crankcase, backplate to ezsstart housing, hsn/ fuel line

I wouldn't have bothered doing the backplate to ezsstart housing - but you won't be hurting anything doing that.

Not sure what you meant by "hsn/ fuel line".
I use zip ties to bind the the fuel line to HSN nipple (well any fuel line to any nipple).
Did you mean the top and bottom of the banjo fitting or what?

I would put some seal on the base of the carb / top of the carb throat and seat it and maybe around the outside of cinch screw that holds the carb in place.

Did you clean each surface (with denatured alcohol or something like it) before applying the sealant?

I used ultra copper rtv. I sealed backplate to crankcase, backplate to ezsstart housing, hsn/ fuel line

+1 on what TGL said. You didn't mention the carb or header. They need sealed as well. Make sure you didn't clog the hsn housing/banjo fitting.

Back