DR10 sleeper car???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nenecrane

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Ok so I’m pretty sure that y’all know my DR10 is my baby and self identifies as a stunt truck but what y’all don’t know is I LOVE drag racing and that was the original driving factor for why I wanted one so badly but now I have a problem because omg do I love baby as a bashed but with more power and speed and yes a lot more practice on my end she’d be a beautiful disaster on a straight so what to do what to do I know a sleeper car of course the ultimate sleeper car look at her watch me drive her and nope sorry no way she’d be able to do much more then plant herself in the nearest tree but that light goes green and boy does she shine just as well as when I do plant her in that tree n she doesn’t break a thing n is ready for the next obstacle…. Ok obviously that big of a dream is a way ways away but you get the point but how do I pull it off this one I don’t know where to start or what to really change if anything I love the stock platform I have it’s proven to be on point but I also know that’s always room for upgrades I know she needs more speed and I know that even with the original radio and said radio problems she still has some glitches to still address and currently is on a TQ with no gyro which I prefer (the no gyro) I’m not sure if it was just bc of the issues with the radio or if it’s really that I don’t like the gyro I honestly have no clue and don’t really know how to tell but ya I think that’s definitely something I need to get figured out too bc she’s a great bashed on the TQ with no gyro but that leads into the radio and quality ext oddly I like the TQ and TQi I like the redcat radios but I have not used my fly sky yet need a few things to get it up n running so ya this is something I’ve been thinking about for a few days and then being able to sit and watch her as a basher all while knowing what she’s actually capable of (yes believe it or not I don’t just bash her) it confirms it I want to build her into my own sleeper and I want to become a better driver so if any y’all have any advice suggestions or can point me in any possible directions I should check out it would be much appreciated and to boot it’ll be MY first official build 😊 thanks ☺️

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

I like our DR10 on 3s. On 2s it's a bit of a pooch. So a better motor would be a welcomed upgrade. I put a Tekin 4t motor and RX8 in our drag Slash build. That should be pretty crazy on 2s. Haven't ran it yeat, but that's coming up soon. Still cold out here.

I like our DR10 on 3s. On 2s it's a bit of a pooch. So a better motor would be a welcomed upgrade. I put a Tekin 4t motor and RX8 in our drag Slash build. That should be pretty crazy on 2s. Haven't ran it yeat, but that's coming up soon. Still cold out here.
Well I was thinking about actually going and pulling my 4w stampede apart (have to anyway I broke it big surprise there) and seeing what setup that has in it yesterday when I ran both of them the stampede had a ton more power and speed to it than my baby did but disclaimer is I ran the stampede first on a TQi n baby second on the TQ n both on the same battery so I don’t know if that makes any difference
Well I was thinking about actually going and pulling my 4w stampede apart (have to anyway I broke it big surprise there) and seeing what setup that has in it yesterday when I ran both of them the stampede had a ton more power and speed to it than my baby did but disclaimer is I ran the stampede first on a TQi n baby second on the TQ n both on the same battery so I don’t know if that makes any difference
Tbh i have never ran anything on 3s before never anything higher than 2s is there that much of a difference

Tbh i have never ran anything on 3s before never anything higher than 2s is there that much of a difference
First vid here is max speed on 2s. 2nd ones is on 3s. Although, we did have the throttle D/R turned down a little bit. Didn't notice til we got back inside.

I guess this means i have to spill one of my little secret's. I purposely set it up the way it is because i knew she was going to be hard on it, so, i geared it so it wasn't stupid fast. When i get a chance, ill post a video of my AE ProSC10, that is almost exactly the same chassis and set up, and exact same electronics (Reedy SC-600BL, Reedy 3300KV motor, Reedy 27101 RT1508 Digital HV Hi-Torque Competition Servo) but, instead of the 17/69 48P gearing thats in her DR10, mine has either a 18/57 32P or a 25/78 48P setup, and, with the 18/57, will do nearly 50 on 2S, but, there is no way, since most of her RC experience is with brushed cars, i am setting up her DR10 to be that fast until she is better at controlling it.

I guess this means i have to spill one of my little secret's. I purposely set it up the way it is because i knew she was going to be hard on it, so, i geared it so it wasn't stupid fast. When i get a chance, ill post a video of my AE ProSC10, that is almost exactly the same chassis and set up, and exact same electronics (Reedy SC-600BL, Reedy 3300KV motor, Reedy 27101 RT1508 Digital HV Hi-Torque Competition Servo) but, instead of the 17/69 48P gearing thats in her DR10, mine has either a 18/57 32P or a 25/78 48P setup, and, with the 18/57, will do nearly 50 on 2S, but, there is no way, since most of her RC experience is with brushed cars, i am setting up her DR10 to be that fast until she is better at controlling it.
I was unaware of this till now and believe it or not it makes me even happier because this means there’s even more room to grow and learn then I originally thought and I love it

Back