Revo is constant issues...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
The slipper keeps coming loose, I have tried to tighten it down tightly so it would stay. Then the engine's one way bearing decided to start slipping, I have no idea how the one way bearing in an Axial .32 works, it's not a normal one way bearing. It's only the Traxxas nitros I'm having problems with, are they just poorly built?

Revos are an engineering piece of art, and from my experience are very durable trucks.
The slipper clutch should have a lock nut which you tighten, how is it possible that a lock nut keeps coming off?
Is the OWB in the EZ start system that is slipping?

The slipper keeps coming loose, I have tried to tighten it down tightly so it would stay. Then the engine's one way bearing decided to start slipping, I have no idea how the one way bearing in an Axial .32 works, it's not a normal one way bearing. It's only the Traxxas nitros I'm having problems with, are they just poorly built?
Bro just convert it to electric as I did. Get an E-Revo tranny and your good to go!

Bro just convert it to electric as I did. Get an E-Revo tranny and your good to go!
No. Electric is incredibly boring to me and it's not right to electric convert a nitro imo.
Revos are an engineering piece of art, and from my experience are very durable trucks.
The slipper clutch should have a lock nut which you tighten, how is it possible that a lock nut keeps coming off?
Is the OWB in the EZ start system that is slipping?
No EZ start, it's an Axial .32, the nut does keep coming loose.

No. Electric is incredibly boring to me and it's not right to electric convert a nitro imo.

No EZ start, it's an Axial .32, the nut does keep coming loose.

That is weird.
Is it a lock nut, or just a normal nut?

Lock nut should be accessible from the outside, no need to take the tranny out?
It's very hard to access due to the incredibly large engine.

Check the lock nut is actually locking, I am not sure, maybe even apply some thread lock.
When I had the Revo, although with a stock 3.3, I have never had any issues with the truck, apart from overheating, due to engine being underpowered when moving such a heavy truck.

Check the lock nut is actually locking, I am not sure, maybe even apply some thread lock.
When I had the Revo, although with a stock 3.3, I have never had any issues with the truck, apart from overheating, due to engine being underpowered when moving such a heavy truck.
image.jpg

It looks tight

Looks and is tight are two different things, when it comes to slipper clutch.
With the Revo on the ground (carpet works best for traction), hold the spur with your finger and try to roll the truck backwards, if the slipper is loose, you will see it slip and truck will move, that will tell you if the nut is loose or not.
If you can't hold it with your finger while rolling, then its tight and problem is somewhere else.

Looks and is tight are two different things, when it comes to slipper clutch.
With the Revo on the ground (carpet works best for traction), hold the spur with your finger and try to roll the truck backwards, if the slipper is loose, you will see it slip and truck will move, that will tell you if the nut is loose or not.
If you can't hold it with your finger while rolling, then its tight and problem is somewhere else.
I checked and it is indeed tight.

In that case, what makes you think your slipper clutch is slipping?
It has done this before because the slipper came loose, I have a spare rebuild kit I believe