Revo Crawler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice I've been thinking aou turning my revo into a crawler i got another one from a frind that needs an engine so i think i might try it out

I'm a lil skeptical about Nitro crawlers.. I'm not to sure how well thatd work.. I just thought it was kinda interesting.

dont do it unless you plan on replacing you clutch after every run. besides nitro vehicles dont have the torque delivery like an electic one would. you doing to most likely heat up you engine and maybe damage it.

The first problem with a nitro crawler is that nitros don't crawl, they run over things. The Revo in the traxxas vid did a nice job of running over the rocks but it didn't actually crawl over them. A good crawler (like the ones we watch with wide eyes in the vids) has a top speed of around 3-5 mph. Have you ever seen a nitro put out real torque at that speed? Even if you could get it going that slow and have the torque you need, the engine and clutch would have trouble with over heating. Electric is cheaper and easier plus it has a butt load of torque at very slow speeds.

Nitro crawlers, anything is possible.....But is it really worth it?

i tried nitro crawling with my t once.... man was it lame and got stupid really fast....you get up against something and you either just sit there and burn the clutch or you grab traction under full throttle and flip the truck over..... i really didnt like it compared to my E wich even in second only goes about 7mph!!

bbtg

Back