REVO 3.3 Tuned Pipes.... Suggestions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasePalaver

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got my 3.3 and am taking suggs on a new pipe. Brand vs $ vs Performace would be nice. Dual s Single etc etc... My T-maxx ran a Tsias, looked great, sounded better, but was a real B!tch to keep tuned, so I am open to new ideas.

I already have the motor saver converted on the Revo.... start the brain storming!!!!!

I've been told that the Vantage Carbon-Fiber pipes are killer looking and work great. This will probably be my next upgrade.
:ponder2:

From what I've read, the trinity is a good pipe for the larger engine. As well as the traxxas resonator.

I ran the Fantom sport works pipe on my revo with the OS 18TM and the power improvement over the stock pipe was day and night. I switched back to the 2.5R and the power gains were significant with that engine as well. I'd have to think it would work well with the 3.3.

I noticed a big improvement on low end power with it. It just seemed to let the engines breath so much better. Tuned pretty good as well.

i got a single chamber resonator I'm not useing, its only got a few scuffs. it is WAY better then stock. if you plan on sticking with the 3.3 this would be the pipe to go with. ( from what I've heard) if you want to upgrade, (mid block or big block) you could do a sidepipe setup to unleash the potential power of the mill

I ran the Trinity and loved it, I also heard good things about the Resonator....I'm sure Beason will hook you up!

Resonator. The res pipe is designed for the Traxxas mills. The Trinity is a good pipe as well but very, very obnoxious, I hated the sound it made and it was freakin annoying and loud. One problem with the Vantage pipe is the design, if you are running a wing, the stinger sort of points up and will spit crap all over the wing and make a mess, unless they have redesigned it. A friend of mine ran one and he wasn't really happy with it other than the bling factor.

I have seen the Carbon Fiber looking one... and yeah it is pretty nice looking. So far sounds like Trinity or the Resonator...

Thanks for all the input guys!

Resonator if U use 3.3 = 35%+User

traxxas make 3 pipes - dont get confused - I did at first and wondered which one was for the 3.3 engine. The Resonator Tuned Pipe which can also be used on 2.5's. The serial is: 5490 - B - SC - R. This will give u about 35% greater power off the bottom end, however I suggest u also change your glow plug to an RB - 01055-TRX. It is far better than the traxxas plug and is compatible without making any changes to tuning. High end out put is marginal depending on what fuel u run and what temperature the engine is tuned at for peak performance. I use this pipe for racing and it is very good when u get everything else right.

Thanks for all the input guys!!!

however I suggest u also change your glow plug to an RB - 01055-TRX. It is far better than the traxxas plug and is compatible without making any changes to tuning.

Who's glow plug is this? I did a search on Ebay and Google.... sturck out.

Mcoy 59s for plugs 5 sumthin a piece, best plug I have ever used.

Resonator for the 3.3 is best...I have 3 of them and I also own the trinity pipe but for reasons already mentioned I do not run it much.

Back