Replacement for Ofna Picco .26 Max in Traxxas Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyboy33

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Just recently got back into the hobby after about a 10 year absence. Noticed that the nitro market is pretty much gone in the few remaining local hobby stores here in San Diego. I just purchased an ERevo 2.o due to the fact my favorite RC when I left the hobby was my Nitro Revo. I have a Ofna Picco .26 Max engine (which I love) but noticed I cracked the carburetor neck. Was wondering what engines people are now running in their Revo's in place of the 3.3?

If it were me Id probably slap either the Hyper .28 or the Hyper .30 in it after seeing @cbaker65 playing with the .28 recently

http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/c/engines_complete-engine

Unless you're wanting something top shelf then Id probably go with an OS or maybe a Reds-Racing engine

Nitro has fallen off a lot since a decade ago but believe it or not its been making a bit of a come back lately. At least it seems to be trending that way

I guess the .21 would be a more appropriate engine. I have this terrible habit of trying to stick a .28 or .30 in everything lol

If it were me Id probably slap either the Hyper .28 or the Hyper .30 in it after seeing @cbaker65 playing with the .28 recently

http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/c/engines_complete-engine

Unless you're wanting something top shelf then Id probably go with an OS or maybe a Reds-Racing engine

Nitro has fallen off a lot since a decade ago but believe it or not its been making a bit of a come back lately. At least it seems to be trending that way
I always think the same, bigger the better!

Depends on if you want to keep the pull-start/e-start or not. If you want to keep it, that limits you quite a bit as there aren't many drop-in/mid-blocks or the new era leaner mount around anymore. Other than the OS21TM, your kind of stuck with the 3.3, dynamite .19 (if you can find one).

I still have 2 nitro revo's. One with the new era leaner mount and a LRP28S3 in it and the other with the OS21TM in it. The 21TM likely isn't as peppy as the picco 26 you have, but it's quite a bit better than the 3.3.

Back