Replacement carb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzanzirc

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a .21 GO engine.

Info on this engine is VERY sparse on the internet, barring one listing on Aliexpress. :doh:

Are carbs on these engines sort of interchangable? If I want to get a new carb, can I look at any .21 carb, or are they engine specific to the point of just buying a new engine instead of just a carb?

I’m pretty sure you can do a different carb. Before i got into rc cars i used to do nitro planes in that i could interchange the carbs if they were from the same engine size. Don’t know if that’s the same for rc car engines.

I have a .21 GO engine.

Info on this engine is VERY sparse on the internet, barring one listing on Aliexpress. :doh:

Are carbs on these engines sort of interchangable? If I want to get a new carb, can I look at any .21 carb, or are they engine specific to the point of just buying a new engine instead of just a carb?
I've seen losi 3.4 carbs on trx 3.3s and viseversa. I've heard of two other brands swapping also. With that, I would say if its near the displacement on each, and similar throats, I would go for it. I too looked for that engine, found it on ali express discontinued, and couldnt find parts.

The main issue with carbs is finding one that drops in with the same OD and length for the neck. This info isn't listed anywhere, so the best you can do is measure what you have and post that up to see if anyone can measure what they have to give you options. The venturi will vary as well, which is where the change in performance will come from.

I can't recall if I ever had a Go engine... I think I did, once, many years ago. It came in a savage I bought off a guy that ran it into the ground.