removing fly wheel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
:\

I'm trying to remvoe the fly wheel iv googled and youtube how and alot of videos talk to a fly wheel wrench , ebay doesn't have em , or is there any easyer way to remove the fly wheel , please

View attachment 11799

Last edited:
ebay does have em but am not paying $20 for it when I'm only going to use it once , is there any other way i can undo it

use a long reach 10mm socket on the nut, clamp the fly wheel with some grips and undo, gently tap the back of the flywheel and it will come off freely.

ebay does have em but am not paying $20 for it when I'm only going to use it once , is there any other way i can undo it

If you plan on being in the hobby for a while it may be a sound investment. You will probably change motors a couple times and that flywheel wrench could come in very handy.

If you don't have one, I've found that I can wrap a towel over the flywheel and use channel lock pliers to get it loose and then just tap off. Hope this helps.

I agree with the guys above statements. I've always just wrapped a rag or towel around fly wheel and gripped it with channel locks to break the nut loose. Then took the same channel locks and tapped the back edge of flywheel to knock it loose. Its always worked for me.

If you plan on being in the hobby for a while it may be a sound investment. You will probably change motors a couple times and that flywheel wrench could come in very handy.

If you don't have one, I've found that I can wrap a towel over the flywheel and use channel lock pliers to get it loose and then just tap off. Hope this helps.

that's how i do it , works just fine !

I agree with greywolf74 battery terminal puller works fine for me, and its good in price wise. Usually u can find it at your local auto parts store.