removing a stripped hex

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justamattd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
can anyone tell me how to remove a stripped nitro motor mount hex bolt?

With a dremel tool you can cut slot in the head and then use a flat head screw driver. Or there are tools you can buy called screw extractors.

I use the screw extractor it works great.

thanks???

I have a dremel ...if I try that first and fail... will this extractor still work? ...where can I get one?

Most hardware stores like lowes and home depot. May can even find one at walmart. Sears craftsman makes a set if them i bought a few years ago. 3 sizes in a plastic carry storage case fits in hand. They are also called EASY OUT bits.

U can find it in a auto parts too i bought mine
At advance auto parts but any auto part should have it

i got one today but I'm afraid to use it yet. once i do i will only ghave 3 engine mount bolts...and shipping a 2$ screw for 6.99$ is eating up my bank account!!! ill get back to ya if i find a replacement .. seems easy enough i bought the #1 size I'm sure its plenty big

Yeah that #1 is the one u need

i got one today but I'm afraid to use it yet. once i do i will only ghave 3 engine mount bolts...and shipping a 2$ screw for 6.99$ is eating up my bank account!!! ill get back to ya if i find a replacement .. seems easy enough i bought the #1 size I'm sure its plenty big

I would spend some extra money on a set asorted bolts. It will cast ya more in the long run replacing all of the parts that break because some thing moved that wasn't tightened up properly.

Go to mcmaster and you will get 25 of them for $2. Buy longer than you need, can always cut some to be shorter.

Since it's an engine mount, you should be able to dremel the head clear off the bolt, then take the engine off and remove the stump with a pair of pliers.

Nice.. Thanks for the info everyone !