remove engine from chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Whats the best way? Unbolt the engine mounts from the chassis with the engine attached ,or unbolt the engine from the mounts,? meaning i have to remove the manifold ?? .To unbolt the engine from the engine mounts:\

Eaither way doesn't seem to work ???? What do they super mega glue the screws and stuff in they wont budge at all

ill have to grab and alen key set :) and unbolt the engine from the engine mounts and the exhaust man afold

If you don't have any plan changing gears, or the whole engine better removed the engine together with the mounts so that no need to adjust again the mess or your gear but if you are planing to change gear or engine you can do either of the two, its your choice.

i unbolt the engine from the chassis leaving the mounts on, quicker and makes for a very easy re-installation dude.....my eb4 however has adjustable chassis holes so i use the strip of paper between the clutch gear and spur gear trick to get my clearance.

i need to pull everyting off my chassis anyway cuz the front of the chassis is bent and i wanna upgrade the engine and clutch gear and shocks and throttle servo few othher stock parts

i need to pull everyting off my chassis anyway cuz the front of the chassis is bent and i wanna upgrade the engine and clutch gear and shocks and throttle servo few othher stock parts

Perfect time for a 100% tear down/clean!

Whats the best way? Unbolt the engine mounts from the chassis with the engine attached ,or unbolt the engine from the mounts,? meaning i have to remove the manifold ?? .To unbolt the engine from the engine mounts:\

I take the engine out by removing the 4 screws that hold the engine to the motor mount. This way I don't have to reset the gear mesh when re-installing the engine.

Lee

I agree with Lee^^^. But it also depends on the rig and how difficult the bolts are to get loose. Sometimes its easier to take bolt out of mounts from bottom and remove both engine with mounts attached. The reason yours is so tight may be due to red locktite being applied. I had to use red on the tmaxx mounts to keep them from coming loose and stripping spur gears. Get you a GOOD set of hex wrenches without the ball end for best bite to brake them loose. The ball ends are nice for angles but chance stripping the bolt head out on really tight bolts.