redcat vortex ss is it good for bashing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you have thte wrong forum....might wanna try either the nitro or electric forum depending on what your kit is.

I moved the thread to the Nitro RC forum.

J Turner, what info are you looking for regarding the Redcat Vortex SS?

My guess would be that depends on what you want to do with it. Are you planning on bashing in grass, on-road (dirt or pavement), or anywhere minus water unless thats your thing?

Bashing, with a hammer yes lol! I'd save a little more coin and buy something reliable with a nice big flow of available parts and hop-ups..

I personally wouldnt go with it, just of the fact that there are proven quality short course trucks for not too much more.
Some redcats are just pure junk, BUT some are supposed to be very durable and have all the replacement and hopups you could want. I might get into a Redcat 1/8 buggy this summer just to try.

Make sure you check youtube for videos on the vortex and google to see if theres replacement parts, diffs, suspenion arms and so on. I saw some so it might be an ok truck, the SC trucks are pretty straight forward too. I have a "bad brand" SC, and its been a really good basher.

Last edited: