Redcat disappointment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cootertwo

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Bought a Redcat Shredder, as the price seemed right for a 1/6th scale truck. However after receiving, I found the diffs loose, and smaller than my 1/8th or even 1/10th Arrmas! I had already ordered a spare center, and front/rear diff, but wanted to bump it up to 6S, which I will still do, but don't expect it to last long. Sad, tiny parts for a BIG truck!?

I opened up my daughters Redcat blackout sc truck to fill diffs and replace bearings. Made me respect Arrma quality and engineering. The diffs only have 2 of the 4 gears and you need to take the whole damn truck apart to get to them. I’m building her a 6s Typhon. She’ll never miss that Redcat turd when she gets it...

Actually, not my channel but wanted to share the video. He bashes really hard and the Redcat Racing Shredder passed the test. If you want something big and different than it's a solid choice.

Brian

All I can say, is if you like the shredder, you'd think you died and went to Heaven with an Arrma. Spent all day working on the Shredder. Rear diff was VERY rough. Took it out, which ain't no easy deal, ring gear out of round. Shimmed the best I could, but still no where near smooth. Cleaned out the center diff and filled with some 1M fluid. Put in an Earthquake motor mount, and a Leopard 4092/1730kv motor. Took lot's of work, grinding, cutting etc. All the motor mount screws are only 3mm, same with the diff screws. Something like I'd expect to find on a 1/18th scale. Got her all back together, using the stock ESC and only 4S. Waiting on a Hobbywing Max6 coming in the mail. If the diffs hold together, I'll just use it as an all around basher, but it will be my last Redcat purchase for sure.:rolleyes:

Gary is a cool dude, he is going through a weird period now... well I won’t say weird, more like getting into politics, sjw -woke stuff, and who knows. I think he also moved...

Well, not quite as disappointed today. Installed a Leopard 4092/1730kv motor and an Arrma 6S BLX ESC. Took her out on my wet road, and ran a 5000/50 6S battery down to 40%, and didn't break anything, and I was running the chit out of it. Really fun watching all 4 tires balloon up on the wet road. Handles off road pretty good too. Won't be no speed demon, but will be a good all around basher, with plenty of guts. But, comparing apples to oranges, I just ordered a brand new Arrma Typhon 6S for $375 total, including shipping, from a member on this forum. Thank you Justin.:)

Well, not quite as disappointed today. Installed a Leopard 4092/1730kv motor and an Arrma 6S BLX ESC. Took her out on my wet road, and ran a 5000/50 6S battery down to 40%, and didn't break anything, and I was running the chit out of it. Really fun watching all 4 tires balloon up on the wet road. Handles off road pretty good too. Won't be no speed demon, but will be a good all around basher, with plenty of guts. But, comparing apples to oranges, I just ordered a brand new Arrma Typhon 6S for $375 total, including shipping, from a member on this forum. Thank you Justin.:)

He is selling for good deals.... wonder what truck they keep falling out of.. ?.

You know..... since you like spending all this money on RC, I think you should try a Tekno MT410 or ET48.3

.....waiting for the backlash in 3.......2........1........?

I can’t imagine 6s. I think 3s is crazy fast! 😉

I am new to this forum. Who is Justin?

Back