Redcat blackout xte

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe1234

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I own a Redcat Blackout xte, but recently I am experiencing some problem. After each bind, the front wheels works perfectly fine moving left and right. But when i try to accelerate and reverse, there is no response and the red light in the middle portion of the RC keeps blinking. I hope somebody can share their experience and help me to solve this problem. Thanks. - Gabe

Hi, I own a Redcat Blackout xte, but recently I am experiencing some problem. After each bind, the front wheels works perfectly fine moving left and right. But when i try to accelerate and reverse, there is no response and the red light in the middle portion of the RC keeps blinking. I hope somebody can share their experience and help me to solve this problem. Thanks. - Gabe
Sounds like your esc is not calibrated yet. The wheels turning means your receiver and remote are bound because the servo is working. To calibrate the esc turn on the remote, then hold the set button on the esc and turn the esc on while holding set button, when the led flashes red release the set button( dont hold more than 3 seconds or program mode is entered). Now set the three points starting with nuetral. Press set button with no throttle, then hold full throttle and press set button, then hold full reverse and press set button again. Next turn off esc and back on and try your throttle. Should be calibrated at this point. Good luck. My blackout came calibrated but I had to do this when the receiver got wet and had to disconnect everything to dry it out.

Sounds like your esc is not calibrated yet. The wheels turning means your receiver and remote are bound because the servo is working. To calibrate the esc turn on the remote, then hold the set button on the esc and turn the esc on while holding set button, when the led flashes red release the set button( dont hold more than 3 seconds or program mode is entered). Now set the three points starting with nuetral. Press set button with no throttle, then hold full throttle and press set button, then hold full reverse and press set button again. Next turn off esc and back on and try your throttle. Should be calibrated at this point. Good luck. My blackout came calibrated but I had to do this when the receiver got wet and had to disconnect everything to dry it out.

Thank you for the reply. I tried calibrating but it didnt work. What I did was I took the other receiver from my other RC blackout and tried it and luckily it did accelerated. So now my problem is I am trying to look for a replacement receiver. The R-3E is not available in my area, so I was thinking if you have any suggestion on which reciever might be compatible with my redcat RCR-2CE.

Thank you for the reply. I tried calibrating but it didnt work. What I did was I took the other receiver from my other RC blackout and tried it and luckily it did accelerated. So now my problem is I am trying to look for a replacement receiver. The R-3E is not available in my area, so I was thinking if you have any suggestion on which reciever might be compatible with my redcat RCR-2CE.
Did your receiver get moisture in it? Happened to mine and had same issue. I took the receiver out and took it apart and used some canned air and tissues to dry it out. Worth a shot. If it is dead you can get any receiver if you still have the bind plug your remote came with.

That happened to mine when the receiver got wet. Once I took the receiver apart and used canned air to dry it out and clean it out it started working again. You can use any receiver as long as you have a bind plug for your remote.

That happened to mine when the receiver got wet. Once I took the receiver apart and used canned air to dry it out and clean it out it started working again. You can use any receiver as long as you have a bind plug for your remote.
Can you suggest any particular receiver. I saw some videos wherein they used FS-iA4B and the other one used an FS-GR3E receiver. But I am not that if it would work on my RCR-2CE.

Might wanna try opening the receiver up and drying and cleaning it out first..could put it in a bag of rice overnight.

Receivers are universal..just dont get a really cheap one. You have a bind plug?

https://www.ebay.com/p/556763265

This one should work. Just follow bind instructions for your blackout.
This is actually incorrect. Not all receivers will work with all transmitters. For the RCR-2CE, you need an FS-GR3E. If you look on eBay, you can find an FS-GR3E that comes fully waterproof for around $15-$17. I run those receivers in every vehicle I own, paired to a single FS-GT3B transmitter. I tossed the RCR transmitter, simply because I have several vehicles, and the FS-GT3B can be used on up to ten separate vehicles.

This is actually incorrect. Not all receivers will work with all transmitters. For the RCR-2CE, you need an FS-GR3E. If you look on eBay, you can find an FS-GR3E that comes fully waterproof for around $15-$17. I run those receivers in every vehicle I own, paired to a single FS-GT3B transmitter. I tossed the RCR transmitter, simply because I have several vehicles, and the FS-GT3B can be used on up to ten separate vehicles.

I bought the FS-GR3E receiver but the problem was I cannot bind it with my RCR-2CE transmitter. I already tried checking it on youtube but still no success.

They can be tricky to do. The easiest way I have found is to make sure the transmitter and receiver are at least 3 feet apart, hold in the bind button on the receiver as you turn it on, and just be patient until it connects. Another thought i had, are the batteries in the transmitter good?

I had the same problem and I found out that the receiver inside there is a little tiny box with the antenna on it is what went bad on mine and it had the same red blinking if you put the speed controller in the other slut for the steering you can turn the wheel and the wheels move that’s what’s gonna be the problem that little box is bad get a hold of redcat racing go to redcat racing.com
I had the same problem and I found out that the receiver inside there is a little tiny box with the antenna on it is what went bad on mine and it had the same red blinking if you put the speed controller in the other slut for the steering you can turn the wheel and the wheels move that’s what’s gonna be the problem that little box is bad get a hold of redcat racing go to redcat racing.com
If it’s not a year old it’s under warranty